This was our first visit to Mauritius and our 10 night stay at Le Telfair was absolutely outstanding in every respect. While the beautiful location is memorable, it was the exceptional level of genuine and sincere service you receive from everyone involved that was most striking. The tone clearly comes from the top because when running late for a golf tee time one morning, the General Manager of the hotel happened to be outside the main door in his car and whisked us to the golf club in time !
The rooms were extremely comfortable (how often can you find a Nespresso machine in your room to make proper coffee in the morning ?) and while we did not have a sea view, our room was very quiet and private. The hotel and grounds are immaculately maintained and beautifully set out.
The choice of food at the various restaurants ensured you never tired of the menus and was generally of high quality. Our favourite place to eat was the Chateau and do try and sit outside on the terrace to enjoy this wonderful old residence. Gin'ja and Cyan were also outstanding with the latter being better for lunch than dinner.
The Cavendish bar for drinks in the evening is a must and the snooker room is a wonderful touch of tradition.
The spa is one of the best we have ever used and the facilities outstanding. Lying in the open air spa pool at night and looking up at the stars was all part of the experience.
Every conceivable water sport is on offer but often the low tide will preclude certain activities such as windsurfing during certain parts of the day. Not a major problem though as still plenty to do. We also had great fun going out deep sea fishing with Damian on one of the boats available to charter.
On arrival we were assigned the hugely helpful Vikesh who looked after us for our whole stay so any question or request was dealt with promptly.
Le Telfair was luxury and quality in every sense and while the food at times didn’t quite come up to the high standards of everything else in the resort, it is certainly somewhere we would have no hesitation in returning for another holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre