I asked Jo, the Managing Director of our travel agents, The Departure Lounge, Bury to arrange a nice holiday for my wife's birthday and she came up with 10 nights at the Heritage Awali in Mauritius and 4 nights in Dubai on the way back. What a superb choice. From the moment we were drummed ( literally ) into the Awali to the moment we left, the service, accommodation, food and drink were all excellent. Although it was their winter it was still warmer than the summers we enjoy here in Manchester. I said to one of the girls who was dressed in a hooded fleece with a scarf and gloves whilst handing out beach towels " I hope we don't get the weather your expecting!" but I think it was bit lost on her.
Although they were refurbishing the Infinity Blue restaurant they had moved it to a different location and the food and service in there was magnificent. We dined there on three occasions and I had the beef fillet each time and it was cooked to perfection and only got better and better. We dined in the main restaurant, Balafon, other nights and the food and service were again impeccable- even up to the staff taking your full plate off you at the buffet and carrying it back to your table for you.
We did have a slight problem with the toilet in our room but Natacha sorted it out and moved us to another room on the complex. All the staff are very pleasant, very polite and can't do enough for you. Special mention to Natacha ( again ) who seemed to be everywhere and to Nicki who persevered with my wife and I whilst we tried archery even arranging a lesson for us before the normal lesson because that one was full and we were leaving before the next scheduled lesson. The waiters in the ZensiBar by the pool quickly remember what you're drinking and sometimes you don't even have to ask for a drink it just appears!
We only left the complex on one occasion and that was for a tour of the south western part of the island with a firm called Connections. The tour was great as there were only the two of us on the minibus and Iris ( Estelle ) our excellent guide gave us her full attention. Part of the tour was a superb lunch at a restaurant called Le Chamarel and if you have never had palm heart you need to try it.
My only complaint about Connections the firm, was that they automatically converted my payment into GBP without asking me and contrary to what it said on the receipt ( that I was offered the choice - which I wasn't ) I'm still in correspondence with them about that!
That didn't detract from the excellent stay we had at the Heritage Awali and if we go back to Mauritius, we will certainly stop there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre