We had a very good family holiday at the Awali at the end of October. Service in all bars was good, we never experienced anubexcessive waiting that some have mentioned.
Golf course - excellent course for golfers of all abilities. Some lovely holes and kept in very good condition. Tip - I payed early ( 7am ) and could get back for 10am as the rest of the family were getting up for breakfast, so not missed!
Food - generally very good, buffet playing of choice. Tip try other restaraunts but book 2 days in advance to get choice of times. We found service to be better earlier rather than later in the evening. Our favorites were c beach club and infinity blue
Beach - very nice, but quite a strong current, which was good or drift snorkelling but not easy for swimming. Our kids were happy in the pools though. Tip- if you like sea & snorkelling buy some cheap slip on neoprene shoes in advance ( about £4 from sports direct ) and snorkel set from amazon ( approx £7 and surprisingly good quality ). Walk up the beach to the left until you hit rocks at the next resort and snorkel back from there. The coral there is much better and here is an abundance of puffer ish, angel fish etc
Kids club- a bit limited but get do a decent job. We went in the school holidays so they met plenty if friends there
Trips - boat trip to see he dolphins was very good but the sea can be a bit choppy so Make sure forecast is good. Dont be afraid to barter with the guyson he beach, check out the prices from the hotel first to I've you a guide and ensure you are paying less
Overall very nice, not all perfect but your average person should have a very enjoyable stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre