“One week was not enough”

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a wonderful relaxing week after touring South Africa, staff very helpful nothing too much trouble, golf the best we have played abroad and the all inclusive package just amazing. Hotel was full but you would not of thought so as it never seemed busy. Would certainly go again and recommend the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank sandra h
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here very soon.

Thank you also for recommending us to your friends and families.

Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (3,809)

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel when my daughter and son in law got married there. My husband and I had a fantasic time and cannot fault the hotel and its staff. Everyone was very friendly and approachable. The hotel was kept spotlessly clean and there were always staff members cleaning both inside the buildings and in the gardens. The standard of the food was amazing especially at the Chateau , Infinity Blue Restaurant and also the C Beach restaurant at the neighbouring Telfair hotel. The food at the Balafon self service restaurant was amazing with many dishes freshly prepared while you waited. I have never tasted such wonderful scambled eggs! My daughter and son in law had an amazing wedding on the beach here and their wedding planner was fabulous. I cannot praise this hotel enough and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can , pay a little bit extra for a room with an ocean view . However, all the rooms are the s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sharronevs

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent stay and thank you for choosing the Resort for the organisation of your daughter's wedding.

I am glad to read that my team has been able to exceed your expectations and worked out a great organisation for your daughter's wedding.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you here again soon and please do tell your daughter and your son in law that Ludmilah, their wedding coordinator, will be waiting for them here to celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary next year.

Rest assure that I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and special mention will be extended to the cook who made your scrambled eggs every morning.

My best personal regards to you all.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at the Awali for 12 wonderful nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
All the staff are amazing and so helpful and friendly. The Infinity Blue Restaurant was especially lovely and had some fabulous meals there, including our very special night on the beach. So romantic and special.
The main restaurant served a variety of food to cater for all tastes and was very tasty and wholesome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they seemed to be genuinely pleased to see you and give you any help.
The reception ladies were really helpful and lovely - so kind and always had a greeting every time we walked past. All in all an exceptional holiday.
Janet and John Molloy

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet M

Dear Janet and John,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali to celebrate your 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time at the Resort and that my team has been exceeding your expectations.

Rest assure that I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team and a special mention will be extended to the reception ladies whom you mentioned were very helpful and lovely.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This holiday was for my son's wedding on the 25th October. At first I had my reservations about the wedding arrangements but on the wedding day the wedding was arranged to begin at 3.30pm and it went off without a hitch. The organisation was first class and it finished off with a beach barbecue which went on till after 11.00pm and a great time was had by all.
Our holiday was all inclusive and I found nothing was too much bother for any of the staff. The food was of very good quality in all of the restaurants but I found the service in Blue Infinity a bit slow, however I was on holiday and I wasn't in a hurry. I went to the bar late one afternoon and asked for two glasses of wine to take to my room and was given a bottle and was told "Just take the bottle it'll save you coming back".
The room was very spacious and comfortable and the bed could have slept four. It was cleaned every day and linen changed every other day.
This was an excellent holiday and it was once in a lifetime for my wife and I but my son and his wife are already contemplating returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent stay and thank you for choosing the Resort for the organisation of your son's wedding.

I am glad to read that my team has been able to exceed your expectations and worked out a great organisation for your son's wedding.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you here again soon and please do tell your son and your daughter in law that Melana their wedding coordinator will be waiting for them to celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary next year.

My best personal regards to you all.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and i got married at this hotel and we were pretty anxious about it, but on arrival the hotel blew us away, an absolute amazing view on arrival, the staff are impeccable and made us feel at ease from day 1,we were looked after.

The hotel is clean, spacious, tranquil and a very
romantic setting.
It caters for all, couples, families and especially honeymooners and to be wedding couples.

Prior to our wedding, we were given a 45minute massage, wine and fruit on arrival, the room decorated with hearts. After the wedding it doesn't stop, a beach candle lit meal, a candle lit meal in infinity blue, wedding breakfast including our flower wedding table decoration, tea, coffee, orange juice, champagne, part of our wedding cake, cereal, fruit, cooked breakfast pastries and more :) an amazing helicopter ride and a bath made up with petals everywhere.

Our wedding coordinator was fantastic and very helpful making the day go smoothly and perfect, providing beautiful flowers and a gorgeous cake.

Tatiana the hairdresser I cannot thank enough she did an amazing job on my hair and make up for the wedding, making me feel at ease and nothing was too much trouble, a very talented person.

Thanks to Shane the solo guitarist for playing such beautiful songs on our wedding day, it really made our day.

We would like to say thanks to all the staff who made our wedding day go so smoothly and for our stay to be so perfect.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Peanut333

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali to celebrate your wedding, I am glad to read that the team has been able to exceed your expectations and that your wedding organisation went on well.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you here again very soon and why not to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary next year.

My best personal regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This holiday was booked to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we had a fantastic time the staff are all friendly from bar staff to waitresses and waiters and even the groundstaff give you a hello. We booked an all inclusive option and could not fault the food anywhere on the property the Blue Infinity restaurant is fantastic in presentation and quality of food on offer. Whilst we were there we booked the quad biking trip to Frederika nature reserve and what a brilliant 3 hours we had. We would recomend the Herritage Awali and Mauritius to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir and Madam,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali to celebrate your 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time at the Resort and that my team exceeded your expectations.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Would definitely recommend for any kind of holiday!! Great hotel with nice atmosphere and superb food and drink. Beach is stunning and water sports are all included so great value for Money. Golf course is worth a visit as well

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your appreciation to the team who will be delighted to get the chance to welcome you here again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
33 mi away
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!