“Great All Inclusive Hotel”

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Scotland
“Great All Inclusive Hotel”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the best all inclusive hotel we have stayed at, on arrival everyone is greeted by the beating drums at the front door and escorted to the reception area, we were seated, given a welcome drink and cold towel, booked in and taken to our room within 20 minutes even though we arrived 4 hours early.
The rooms are reasonably large and comfortable and had everything we required, good air conditioning, large flat screen TV, minibar with soft drinks and beer, coffee and tea. The only critiscism would be the lack of drawers.
The breakfast was pretty standard, but nothing special and we never had to queue for service I did notice that the bacon was better if you went later in the morning.
Both lunch and dinner were good at the C beach and Blue Infinity restaurants with a surcharge on a few things but the service was excellent, and the buffet in the main restaurant was usually very good although the choice was quite limited it was always a high quality. Lunch was also available at the golf club where again the quality and service was always very good.
The bar areas were well staffed and they had a good selection of branded drinks and we never had to wait long to be served even when the bar was busy.
Generally it’s hard to find fault with the Awali the staff were very efficient and always had a smile, all public areas the pools and garden were clean and well kept, for me the only thing it lacked were lounges and amenities if it’s cold or raining, as there is only one bar in the hotel and the beach bar, the choice is limited and after dinner you may struggle to find a seat in the bar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jimb27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Czech first
Forres
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for two weeks in July and it was the best all inclusive holiday we have had. The food in all the restaurants was of a very high standard and the all the staff were so friendly and helpful.Our room was very comfortable and the grounds were very well looked after.We went to the spa several times and it was absolutely brilliant. We wanted a relaxing holiday and that is what we got at the Awali.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sandy D
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays and also thank you for your appreciation of the service. I will mention your appreciation to the entire staff and specifically to the Spa team.

I do hope to get to welcome you back here in a close future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst on honeymoon between 13th-23rd May 2013 and we loved every single minute of our stay.

We were initially shown to a garden view room (despite having booked a sea view), however this was rectified quickly by reception staff. The sea view room we were later shown too was a partial sea view at best, and not worth paying extra for. In hindsight I wish I'd booked a beachfront room.

The restaurants were incredible, the bar staff were so friendly and really made us feel welcome and at home. We really enjoyed the 'Boma' themed night, but be prepared for the staff to get you very drunk!

Everything about this holiday was perfect, thank you so much for an incredible honeymoon!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Chris1985UK
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful stay. I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff who built up your experience.

I do hope to get to welcome you here again in a close future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at hotel 2 weeks end of June. Weather was bit overcast for first 3 days but after that perfect weather for us. Service great with staff who were always smiling. Enjoyed everything about the holiday, the food was great in all the restaurants and loved the beach drinks service. Sailesh was one of the waiters on the beach and very professional. Great memory.. The golf club staff were so professional and lunch was a delight. My husband loved the course. I didn't get one bite which was a big bonus for me-last year in Aruba 43 bites, mostly sand flies. Thinking of returning next year and will make effort to see some of the island as we kept saying we would do something TOMORROW but enjoying the relaxation so much, we didn't get round to it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ian B
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays and I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and most especially to Sailesh from the Beach service, the kitchen team who exceeded your expectations and the team at the Golf Club where you said your husband had a wonderful time and where you both enjoyed the food during lunch time.

I am happy to know that you are thinking of returning next year, the whole Awali team will be waiting for you.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Generally, I would class this as a 'brilliant' relaxing holiday holiday even though I'm not a beach person. After a long flight on BA arriving before dawn and then an hours drive to Awali, we were greeted by a doorman and receptionist with enthusiasm at 7am in the morning who offered us refreshing drinks and then a room to relax after taking our breakfast. However, after breakfast, we were then told by another receptionist that they didn't have a room for us to relax before we got our rooms at 2pm i.e. 6 hours later !! We found out later that the new receptionist had given our promised relaxation room to another couple even though we had children with us.....seemed to have been some mis-communication within staff as our original receptionist then told us that there was a room alas we were gazumped....moral of this is that it's probably not a good idea to fly direct with BA (11 hours overnight) if you have children and no where to relax before getting a room if the hotel don't offer any accommodation. We were then given a temporary room at 10am. The Awali is a very nice relaxing place albeit not for younger children, ours were 20, 17, 16 and 8 with the 8 year old wanting warm pools and slides which the Awali couldn't provide. In fact the only heated pool was in Le Telfair which was only a few minutes away and was full even in air temperatures of around 24-28 as the other Awali pools were still colder than we'd anticipated despite being their winter. Another tip or luck would be to avoid 'larger' wedding parties if you're lucky enough as we and other guests were then re-accommodated for some restaurants which they wanted on specific days...sometimes could be classed as second class on occasions. Even though I've given some pointers for the Awali to work on, the hotel and the staff in particular were extremely warm and hospitable...best I've ever encountered. The few days of the 10 we were there saw temperatures reaching late 20s with the scenery and waves over the coral reef being great to watch over a cocktail late into the evening. Generally, one of the best holidays we've been on for pure beach relaxation albeit probably been there now !!

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. Thank you for commenting on your experience. I would like to apologise for the
miscommunication concerning the allocation of the room for you to relax before the check in time, I am glad to read that the matter has been sorted out immediately.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff who served you during your stay and we all do hope to get to welcome you and your lovely family back soon.

My best personal regards to you all.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

On entering the hotel, i felt like i was arriving at one of those unpretentious Thai spa hotels with infinity pools on the coast. It is a perfect place for families to relax, unwind, eat well and be looked after in the most un obvious way. The staff are so well trained in every eventuality . The massage was the best i have ever had . this is what you get when you pay for class and style. just wonderful.many couples but we had teenage boys who loved all the activity and we sorry there was not more evening entertainment or more teens [ we went late june] but then changed their minds and were busy all day water skiing & other sports and fell asleep so tired at night.

Room Tip: any sea view , we had a lovely quiet one away from the main area.
2 Thank maumau2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience and that the entire staff have been able to exceed your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to all the staff and the Spa team will be made aware of your appreciation.

I do hope to get to welcome you again in a close future.

My best personal regards.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a fantastic holiday!!
We took our 8 year old son and chose the hotel for the variety of activities on offer and we made the most of nearly all of them. The Spa and sporting facilities particularly the golf course were of the highest quality.
The service and the facilities far exceeded our expectations. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for very friendly and professional staff. We had 3 rainy days out of 11 but with great entertainment available in a good quality room it was no problem at all. The quality of the food at all the restaurants was of the highest quality with a huge choice of different meals freshly prepared. We felt the Awali was the best hotel in the area and highly recommend it. Sailesh will serve you drinks on the beach with a smile. Enjoy!!

1 Thank Deborah H
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am really happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves during your stay.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and especially to Sailesh who served you on the beach.

I do hope to get to welcome you back in a close future.

My best personal regards to you and please pass on our regards to Max, tell him that the team is waiting for him to be back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!