This is the best all inclusive hotel we have stayed at, on arrival everyone is greeted by the beating drums at the front door and escorted to the reception area, we were seated, given a welcome drink and cold towel, booked in and taken to our room within 20 minutes even though we arrived 4 hours early.
The rooms are reasonably large and comfortable and had everything we required, good air conditioning, large flat screen TV, minibar with soft drinks and beer, coffee and tea. The only critiscism would be the lack of drawers.
The breakfast was pretty standard, but nothing special and we never had to queue for service I did notice that the bacon was better if you went later in the morning.
Both lunch and dinner were good at the C beach and Blue Infinity restaurants with a surcharge on a few things but the service was excellent, and the buffet in the main restaurant was usually very good although the choice was quite limited it was always a high quality. Lunch was also available at the golf club where again the quality and service was always very good.
The bar areas were well staffed and they had a good selection of branded drinks and we never had to wait long to be served even when the bar was busy.
Generally it’s hard to find fault with the Awali the staff were very efficient and always had a smile, all public areas the pools and garden were clean and well kept, for me the only thing it lacked were lounges and amenities if it’s cold or raining, as there is only one bar in the hotel and the beach bar, the choice is limited and after dinner you may struggle to find a seat in the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre