“It put a smile on my heart”

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for two weeks in July and it was the best all inclusive holiday we have had. The food in all the restaurants was of a very high standard and the all the staff were so friendly and helpful.Our room was very comfortable and the grounds were very well looked after.We went to the spa several times and it was absolutely brilliant. We wanted a relaxing holiday and that is what we got at the Awali.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandy D
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays and also thank you for your appreciation of the service. I will mention your appreciation to the entire staff and specifically to the Spa team.

I do hope to get to welcome you back here in a close future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst on honeymoon between 13th-23rd May 2013 and we loved every single minute of our stay.

We were initially shown to a garden view room (despite having booked a sea view), however this was rectified quickly by reception staff. The sea view room we were later shown too was a partial sea view at best, and not worth paying extra for. In hindsight I wish I'd booked a beachfront room.

The restaurants were incredible, the bar staff were so friendly and really made us feel welcome and at home. We really enjoyed the 'Boma' themed night, but be prepared for the staff to get you very drunk!

Everything about this holiday was perfect, thank you so much for an incredible honeymoon!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Chris1985UK
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful stay. I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff who built up your experience.

I do hope to get to welcome you here again in a close future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at hotel 2 weeks end of June. Weather was bit overcast for first 3 days but after that perfect weather for us. Service great with staff who were always smiling. Enjoyed everything about the holiday, the food was great in all the restaurants and loved the beach drinks service. Sailesh was one of the waiters on the beach and very professional. Great memory.. The golf club staff were so professional and lunch was a delight. My husband loved the course. I didn't get one bite which was a big bonus for me-last year in Aruba 43 bites, mostly sand flies. Thinking of returning next year and will make effort to see some of the island as we kept saying we would do something TOMORROW but enjoying the relaxation so much, we didn't get round to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ian B

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays and I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and most especially to Sailesh from the Beach service, the kitchen team who exceeded your expectations and the team at the Golf Club where you said your husband had a wonderful time and where you both enjoyed the food during lunch time.

I am happy to know that you are thinking of returning next year, the whole Awali team will be waiting for you.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Generally, I would class this as a 'brilliant' relaxing holiday holiday even though I'm not a beach person. After a long flight on BA arriving before dawn and then an hours drive to Awali, we were greeted by a doorman and receptionist with enthusiasm at 7am in the morning who offered us refreshing drinks and then a room to relax after taking our breakfast. However, after breakfast, we were then told by another receptionist that they didn't have a room for us to relax before we got our rooms at 2pm i.e. 6 hours later !! We found out later that the new receptionist had given our promised relaxation room to another couple even though we had children with us.....seemed to have been some mis-communication within staff as our original receptionist then told us that there was a room alas we were gazumped....moral of this is that it's probably not a good idea to fly direct with BA (11 hours overnight) if you have children and no where to relax before getting a room if the hotel don't offer any accommodation. We were then given a temporary room at 10am. The Awali is a very nice relaxing place albeit not for younger children, ours were 20, 17, 16 and 8 with the 8 year old wanting warm pools and slides which the Awali couldn't provide. In fact the only heated pool was in Le Telfair which was only a few minutes away and was full even in air temperatures of around 24-28 as the other Awali pools were still colder than we'd anticipated despite being their winter. Another tip or luck would be to avoid 'larger' wedding parties if you're lucky enough as we and other guests were then re-accommodated for some restaurants which they wanted on specific days...sometimes could be classed as second class on occasions. Even though I've given some pointers for the Awali to work on, the hotel and the staff in particular were extremely warm and hospitable...best I've ever encountered. The few days of the 10 we were there saw temperatures reaching late 20s with the scenery and waves over the coral reef being great to watch over a cocktail late into the evening. Generally, one of the best holidays we've been on for pure beach relaxation albeit probably been there now !!

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. Thank you for commenting on your experience. I would like to apologise for the
miscommunication concerning the allocation of the room for you to relax before the check in time, I am glad to read that the matter has been sorted out immediately.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff who served you during your stay and we all do hope to get to welcome you and your lovely family back soon.

My best personal regards to you all.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

On entering the hotel, i felt like i was arriving at one of those unpretentious Thai spa hotels with infinity pools on the coast. It is a perfect place for families to relax, unwind, eat well and be looked after in the most un obvious way. The staff are so well trained in every eventuality . The massage was the best i have ever had . this is what you get when you pay for class and style. just wonderful.many couples but we had teenage boys who loved all the activity and we sorry there was not more evening entertainment or more teens [ we went late june] but then changed their minds and were busy all day water skiing & other sports and fell asleep so tired at night.

Room Tip: any sea view , we had a lovely quiet one away from the main area.
2  Thank maumau2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience and that the entire staff have been able to exceed your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to all the staff and the Spa team will be made aware of your appreciation.

I do hope to get to welcome you again in a close future.

My best personal regards.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a fantastic holiday!!
We took our 8 year old son and chose the hotel for the variety of activities on offer and we made the most of nearly all of them. The Spa and sporting facilities particularly the golf course were of the highest quality.
The service and the facilities far exceeded our expectations. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for very friendly and professional staff. We had 3 rainy days out of 11 but with great entertainment available in a good quality room it was no problem at all. The quality of the food at all the restaurants was of the highest quality with a huge choice of different meals freshly prepared. We felt the Awali was the best hotel in the area and highly recommend it. Sailesh will serve you drinks on the beach with a smile. Enjoy!!

1  Thank Deborah H

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am really happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves during your stay.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and especially to Sailesh who served you on the beach.

I do hope to get to welcome you back in a close future.

My best personal regards to you and please pass on our regards to Max, tell him that the team is waiting for him to be back again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first time to the Awali and it exceeded our expectations.

Our room was spacious and always immaculate, and the mini bar was topped up daily.

The food was fabulous in all restaurants. The main restaurant, the Balafon was buffet for breakfast and dinner. The choice was enough for everyone for breakfast, and dinner. In the evenings some dishes were cooked for you and in front of you and always lovely. There were birds in there during breakfast but this was never a problem and nothing that the hotel could have done anything about.

Infinity Blue beach restaurant was al a carte. This was fabulous food and the service was brilliant. This was also good for lunchtimes, although you can also eat on the beach and food and drinks were bought to you by the very friendly waiters.

Saffron Indian restaurant was very good. We had to pay a supplement of about £20 each for the food but the drinks were still in the inclusive package. The food was lovely and the service was brilliant. We went there twice in our two week stay.

Zeni bar in the evenings were perfect, we always had a drink in there before dinner, and again after. The bar staff were great, very friendly and we always had a friendly chat and laugh with them. Not once did we ever have to wait for our drinks, in fact they couldn't have served us any faster, as soon as our glasses were almost empty they were offering us another.

We went to the gold club most days, my husband played and I usually joined him for lunch. The course and the views were amazing. The bar and food was lovely as were the bar staff. It was great service with shoes and clubs cleaned after each use.

All of the staff at the Awali were fantastic. They were always friendly and helpful and gave great service.
We will definitely go again and are already talking of booking next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tedge_13

Dear Sir and Madam,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that my team managed to exceed your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and most specifically to the Infinity team, the Saffron team and the Zenzibar team.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here in a close future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!