“Perfect holiday”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Perfect holiday”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This holiday was meant to be taken 6 months previously but due to circumstances out of our control had to be postponed but my it was worth waiting for. Yes the flight was long,and not the most comfortable,but from the moment we landed and were met in a private car the promise of a perfect paradise holiday became reality. The hotel is everything it claims to be on its website and in the brochures and the staff could not be more friendly or accommodating. We stayed in a beachfront room which was roomy and beautifully furnished with a great bathroom. The pool area, beachfront and gardens are immaculately kept and there are plenty of sun loungers. The food is varied and of a good quality and there is plenty of choice. In the bar each evening there was live entertainment with a variety of good bands and the all inclusive allows plenty of choice with drinks, including a regularly restocked mini bar in the room. Plenty of chilled bottled water is also available.
The spa is well equipped and many treatments available although a bit pricey.
We spent quite a lot of time on the beautiful and very well kept golf course. The course is challenging with stunning views and undulating greens. The staff are so attentive and being able to leave clubs and shoes (cleaned after each round!) was a bonus.
We did a round the island trip and also the beautiful south which were nice but not essential. We also did Baboo's boat trip which was great fun and recommended.
It is not possible to pick out one particular member of staff for their contribution towards making our stay so good as they are all really attentive. OK maybe on the odd occasion we had to wait a while for a drink but hey, you're on holiday, what's the rush. We are seriously considering coming back again and in 30 years of marriage we have never returned to a hotel for another holiday!

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are literally 5 steps from the beach, we stayed 7007
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Maureen S
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Dr and Madam,

Greetings from Heritage Awali. Allow me to thank you for having chosen my resort for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a fantastic time with us here and that you have enjoyed the Golf Course which is considered to be the best on the island.

I am touched to read that you are planning to visit us again and that you never did that in 30 years of marriage!!! Thank you for this wonderful proof of trust.

I do hope to get to welcome you again very soon.

Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Czech first
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading some negative reviews on here before making the journey out, I was a little concerned on what awaited me. I need not of worried. The hotel was fantastic and the staff went out of there way to ensure my Wife and I along with my brother in law and his girlfriend all had a wonderful time.

I had read reviews of the staff being rude, waiting long times for drinks, food not being up to scratch. This certainly was not our experience. On the beach we had beach staff constantly circling to ensure you had drinks, the restaurant staff where friendly and only to happy to help. The bar staff were excellent asking you to try their special cocktails.

The Food in the buffet restaurant was varied so never got boring and the term buffet was also misleading. this wasn't heated pans of food waiting for you. It was a sample a la carte plate at each station. You then looked and chose what you wanted to eat and it was cooked and plated in front of you. The selection at breakfast was varied to suit all tastes. I had read about issues with birds. I fail to understand how this can be held against the hotel as I am sure that the birds were there long before the hotel. The whole complex is open air so unless every where was caged off there will be birds. But i would not have enjoyed sitting in a cage all holiday. Perhaps the sea had too many fish in to??

There is also the beach restaurant on site that serves lunch in the day and then a la carte at night. We ate here on two occasions and the waiter Olivier was excellent. Very good ensuring glasses never ran dry and the food was always served properly as should be expected in an a la carte restaurant. My wife was pregnant during the holiday and so he ensured that she tried a new alcohol free cocktail each time she needed a drink which we all thought was a nice touch.

Le chateau was fantastic option. It is a little off site but there is a shuttle bus. There is an all inclusive menu that is free that gives three otions for each course but you can choose from the a la carte menu with a credit applied to you bill.

There is alos an indian on site which I dont remember the name of, but this to was included in the all inclusive package and was excellent. The staff are fantastic making sure glasses dont run dry and sundries are always topped up as you finish them. With this in mind, if you have had enough poppadoms or breads leave a little in the dish or you will have more on the way.

The water sports are available at the sister hotel Le Telfair. This includes wakeboarding and water skiing at high tide (usually a 2 hour window). I boarded every day and on occasion where it wasnt as busy, I had two sets.

My wife and I never like to go back to anywhere we have been as the world is too big. But with the baby due this year we are looking at returning next year as it was all so easy and effortless.

I would recommend this hotel to couples or families looking to unwind and do as little as possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James N
Dear Sir and Madam,

Greetings from Heritage Awali. Allow me to thank you for having chosen my Resort for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your trust in the Resort as you mentioned that you did read some negative feedback.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff and especially to Olivier who did make the difference in delivering high standard service to you. I will also pass on your appreciation to the Chateau and Food and Beverage team. To refresh your mind, please note that the Indian restaurant is called 'Saffron' and does serve Indian style food.

Knowing that you do not normally return to a same destination I am honoured by the fact that you are planning to visit The Awali again and in a close future....and accompanied by your future baby...

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back and we all do wish you and your wife good luck for the baby to come and congratulation in advance.

We will provide for a baby cot in the room next time and a beautiful Timomo kids club plush.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are just back from a far too short 10 day trip to this tremendous resort and thought that, rather than the usual " everything was just great" platitudes that I would perhaps give some practical info instead for a change.

Travel. We travelled from Glasgow via Gatwick Club World with BA and the first thing you need to appreciate, whether traveling Business or Economy, it's that's its a LONG way. Our travelling time going was the best part of 24 hours each way taking changes and stop over times ( the 5 hours at Gatwick on the way back was a real killer) so although we both managed to sleep a fair bit of the way there( the flat bed seats on Club World being easily the best thing about that service) we were shattered when we arrived at the resort at around 8am. Which brings me neatly on to:-

Check- in. We had seen the comments from many previous posters about lengthy waits upon arrival before getting access to their rooms and saw evidence of this just about every day en route to breakfast. We checked with the hotel beforehand about getting an early check in given that their to be fair well publicised check in time wasn't till 2pm as is fairly standard, but they said that they couldn't guarantee this so instead we got BA to arrange this for us by paying an additional half days rate of around £145. This meant that we went straight to our rooms 10 minutes after we arrived at the hotel, unpacked and were on the beach hours in no time. Easily the best £145 we spent there and something that I would recommend anyone to at least consider,

Rooms. We stayed in a beach front apartment which was exactly as advertised - well equipped, decent size, spotlessly clean and literally 20 feet from the Indian Ocean. We weren't really interested in hanging about the pool area so this was the perfect choice for us - quiet, secluded and very peaceful. I think it would be fair to say that this probably couldn't be said for some of the bigger, busier blocks which looked to be more in the middle of what was going on etc. Probably great for folk with children, but not so couples looking for a romantic getaway holiday.

Weather. If you are looking for 35c constant heat with sunshine from dawn till dusk then go to Zante! This is not the place for you. Being so far south of the equator and given the fact that this is technically Mauritian wintertime, then the sun is really only out from around 9 - 4.30 and there is a lot of cloud cover. The temperature is a fairly constant 22 -25 degrees tho and is very pleasant and comfortable to lie in. It's all part tho of the sub tropical experience - even the occasional sight of guests scurrying from the beach during the( very infrequent) rain bursts.

Golf. The set up here is absolutely first class. Picked up front the front of the hotel and taken directly to this well manicured and watered Par 72 championship course where the standard of service was faultless. If you are playing more than once ( at zero cost ) then the staff will store your clubs and shoes for you again at no cost. The course itself is immaculate. Lots of water hazards and with fast but true greens - some of which are very testing. A point to notice tho if you are looking to plan a game or so is that the last tee off time is 1.30, given that its dark come 4.30 - 5 most days.

AI option. Got to say that my wife and I were surprised at some of the comments from other posters to the effect that the AI option was confusing as we didn't find this at all. It's fairly simple - breakfast and buffet dinner at Balafron is all included. Lunch at Infinity Blue is as well as is dinner there which is waiter service and you need to book 48 hours in advance. Afafrooty is also included at lunchtime. Also included is one dinner at the beautiful Chateau De Bel Hombre where you can choose either from the AI menu - around 50 - 60 % of the menu I would reckon or choose some of the other a la carte options instead. Drink tho is not included so you would need to budget on spending another £30-£40 for a decent bottle of wine etc. The setting is absolutely stunning - the food perhaps less so. Decent but doesn't do justice to the surroundings. We also ate twice at the Indian restaurant - Saffron - at a supplement of around £20 each including a bottle of wine. I can't recommend this place highly enough - food, service etc were outstanding. We also splashed out and ate one night at the Tepenyaki table at Gin'Ja at the neighbouring Telfair resort which was easily the biggest "wow" culinary experience of our trip - but expensive at around £240 including a bottle of wine from the small but overpriced wine list. As a one off though it was really worth it.

Dress code. It's probably much more casual than advertised and the " shirt with collar and closed shoe" for guys rule was fairly liberally interpreted. Definitely no shorts etc at dinner time but other than that more or less anything goes.

Tipping. There is a box for tips at reception and at least one waiter told us that the staff weren't allowed to accept tips from guests, but again this seemed to be regularly ignored but there was definitely no pressure to tip at all.

All in all we had an extremely relaxing holiday and would definitely go back. For an AI option, the quality and selection of food were excellent and the standard of service from staff was friendly and efficient. Next time tho we would defiantly go for longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jamkat1888
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Greetings from The Heritage Awali. Allow me to thank you for having chosen my Resort for your recent stay. Thank you for commenting so nicely on your experience. I am glad to read that we managed to make you enjoy your stay. I really do hope to get the chance to welcome you back in a close future. I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived here having had an absolutely amazing time in South Africa. We had been to Mauritius 15 years ago and had a fantastic time at the Maritim.
I chose this hotel for myself and my son on the back of earlier reviews (last September) and advice from my local Trailfinder rep.
Maybe my expectations were too high: having been spoilt in the far east and caribbean last winter and by my earlier stay on the island.
My initial impressions were not favourable - given a welcome pack addressed to Mr and Mrs despite being advised by the agent that we were father and son travelling together. Given a room with 2 single bed pushed together - they were subsequently separated. The room itself wasn't clean - the floor was sandy and had a discarded robe in the washing basket, the safe didn't lock, and the two main drawers for storing clothes (there is a very nice dressing area) wouldn't open. The room also had a sort of musty smell - I assumed it just needed airing.
My partner is back in the UK and I wanted to FaceTime her, remembering the hotel offered free wifi. I was told that wifi in the room came at a cost (over £60) for the duration of stay (or a staggering £9 for 1 hour) - so I trooped off to the bar to use free wifi. Firstly the connection is pretty ropy and wouldn't support FaceTime; secondly, the band was playing and it was too loud to conduct a conversation - you would think that the hotel would have wifi around reception (a quiet place), but it doesn't.
Complained to my rep the following morning - suggested that I would want to be moved unless the room issues were tackled. That morning the floor was scrubbed and the dirty robe removed. The drawers were fixed 2 days later.
We arrived just in time for dinner so had no time to think about the dining options - went straight into the Belafon and met a charming and helpful trainee chef, Aly. The buffet was ok: reasonable quality, but not so much variety - lots of emphasis on presentation. I have since tried to cut into a loaf which apparently was there for decoration...
I'm here on an all inclusive package which, in this case, comes with strings attached - you can only have lunch and dinner in 2 of the 5 restaurants without paying a supplement; and what supplements! Each has a different supplement - the minimum of 1000 rps: being equivalent to 2 weeks average earnings on the island. You can eat in two of the restaurants at one of the two sister hotels (not the Telfair), but can only have a limited number of items from the menu - you can't just drink in the sister hotel!!! The bar is open from 10:00am until midnight but only drinks ordered before 11:00 pm are counted as AI. Before I order anything, if I'm not absolutely sure, I ask whether it's included. I have to walk around with the information sheet I was given at the beginning. If I stay AI, that's what I expect - with perhaps the odd exception (e.g. motorised water sports).
By the way, the water sports are located at the C beach club, a 5 minute walk away. I've been here since Saturday and there still hasn't been an opportunity to sail, because of tidal conditions - I wonder whether, when conditions are right, there is sufficient capacity to cope with demand from 3 hotels. You get a free initiation lesson for windsurfing and sailing - private lessons are 900 rps for 45 mins.
The Spa is very nice - use of the sauna and steam room is free. You get 1 free spa treatment each, and any subsequent treatments will set you back about £60.
What's good - the grounds are immaculate - beautiful gardens.
Food in the restaurants has generally been good; although, afternoon tea's a disappointment - only pancakes on offer! The buffet choice is limited, but generally interesting main offerings. A la carte at Infinity Blue very good, but you need to book in advance. Breakfast is the usual fayre - not much fruit choice, but good quality egg dishes etc.
Finally, service. I think I was somewhat taken aback by our initial greeting - not warm and friendly, more cool and courteous - I don't take kindly to being told to 'sit down over there'. I've found staff in the restaurants to be generally attentive, interested and friendly. Generally the bar staff are the opposite - they avoid your eyes, and you have to ask if you want attention. I've sat in the bar for over 1 hour before someone has come and asked me if I want something. Once ordered, the service seems interminably slow, even when the bar's empty.
I said earlier that this was a place with an emphasis on presentation and appearance. It also seems to have maximising income as a key driver. If this is to be your first experience of a paradise island, there are much better places to stay.
I'm still here hoping things improve - I have read management responses to earlier comments. Given what they have said, I'm surprised to find the same issues being repeated...

Room Tip: Avoid one on the ground floor - no air and no sun.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ken J
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays with your son. I thank you for your positive feedback which will, for sure, help me to improve the holiday experience of the guests. We had the opportunity to talk about your welcome experience and believe me that if I knew you were traveling with your son I would not have prepared a 'Mr and Mrs' greetings, but I would like to apologise once more for that.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here in a close future to be able to make you have a better idea of our level of service.

My best personal regards to you and to your son.

Broxburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

With our carbon footprint a bit of an embarrassment over the last 12 months what the hell, whats another long flight. Our friendly travel agent found us this hotel as it checked the boxes - AI, mostly grown ups, unlimited free golf and spa treatments thrown in. Also the temperature in June is perfect British summers day or mid winter as they call it.

We arrived very early morning. Met with welcome drums and as room was not going to be ready until 11, shown to lounge and shower rooms ( luggage brought too). Nice facility as you can freshen up and change comfortably.

The room is OK size, with balcony and large bathroom. Tv channels are limited but then other than the news channel I am on holiday so don't care. In room wifi is extra and pricey. Free wifi in bar area but limited bandwidth and its funny to see how we are now so wedded to our iPad's and smartphones that everyone congregates to use the wifi and no one talks to each other.

Various restaurants but not all are inclusive. Sometimes it is difficult to tell what is and what isn't included and it is not great to have to carry around the paperwork so you know. The staff keep asking you your room number which confuses as well. The food is good quality from buffet style in the main restaurant to the very nice infinity blue restaurant with a la carte and table service. Worth booking a few times although menu is fixed weekly. We went to BOMA which is Mauritian themed night. Bit of a premium for a BBQ, dancing (albeit amusingly led by a local troupe) and a hangover inducing vanilla rum. The a la carte restaurants (including the Chateau) are only open certain nights. Worth checking this out and planning ahead.

Staff are in the whole very friendly and accommodating. Some that go that extra mile got a wee tip at the end of the holiday although not policy and there is a shared tips box.

We love to golf so we played at the Heritage Course every other day. Really nice course with different tee boxes to add difficulty. The golf buggies are not included and at £40 a they are at top end of hire charge that I have seen. You can walk the course but as with all modern courses some of the green to tee walks are quite a way. You can leave clubs with the caddymaster and they will be cleaned and made ready for your next round. The restaurant at the course is very nice and many guests who didn't golf came up just to eat. AI finishes at 2:30 though. Shame.

OK, I am not a spa person, Mrs DJ is though. The spa is quite big. Usual steam room and sauna and lots of cabins for treatments. You go for your induction and it is a bit new age babble. I was just waiting to be asked if I wanted my chakras balanced. However we stopped after agreeing our colour for the lighting during our 50 min treatment that is thrown in (massage). It actually was very relaxing although we didn't get our chosen colour.

We did one tour of the South of the Island. The glass factory tour was perfunctory (very proud of their glass hands of the famous - or in Liam Gallachers case "very" famous) as was the tour of the model ship shop, I mean craft collective. However the Indian Temple and statue of Shiva were fantastic and we had an interesting stop in Curepipe and found the market which always gives you a great flavour of a place. The 7 coloured earth stop was ok, geologists would be excited I guess. Lunch on tour was actually very good in a nice restaurant overlooking the black river gorge.

This was not an inexpensive holiday. There are lots of add ons and we did run up more of a bill than usual going AI.

Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Mr_Dangelbery_Jones
Dear Sir and Madam,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent holidays. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time in the Resort and that you have had a great experience.

I will pass on your appreciation to the whole team and we all would like to welcome you back in a close future.

My best personal regards to you..

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just arrived home from our 10 night holiday, 2 adults and 2 children aged 20 and 16, obviously being classed as 4 adults this made the holiday quite expensive, but as a treat for my 50th birthday we were happy to push the boat out. The all inclusive plan changed after we booked the holiday so alas we didn't get all the options that we booked for, but that's life!
We were planning to do quite a lot of the extras but we found the cost for extras to be quite overpriced, we were going to try Boma but at £160 on top of the AI package for the 4 of us, just for a barbeque and a bit of fire and dancing, sorry many more things I would rather spend my hard earned cash on, and I suppose that's the thing with this resort, they assume that because you're in Mauritius you are rich beyond compare and therefore they are happy to fleece you. I have stayed 5 star before in Malaysia and the little touches we had there made it far more special.
The majority of the staff at the resort were really good, really friendly and happy smiley people, a few went the extra mile and were excellent and alas a few were as miserable as sin, we tipped the excellent ones and commented about the miserable ones, apparently you aren't supposed to tip anyone, there is a tipping box in reception for tips to be shared, only one member of staff told us this, so if you tip do it secretly so not to get the person into trouble, I believe in tipping good service so wouldn't want the shared tip option.
Room was very good and comfortable we even had a pet lizard, which I guess might have freaked some out but we didn't mind, we also didn't mind all the birds at breakfast.
Food in general was fine, we were disappointed that there weren't more Mauritian options, we ate at Infinity Blue more than the buffet as we found the standard of food better and prefer a normal 3 course meal rather than pile it high, the daily lunchtime curry at Infinity Blue was excellent, and they did bring out a birthday cake for me on the first night which was a lovely touch. The staff at Infinity were also very attentive so I would recommend booking into there as many times as you can. Pancakes every day for afternoon tea, this was quite boring and they really could do with varying the choice.
We ate for lunch in Cyan which was very nice but on AI you can only choose some options on the menu, don't know why, this seemed a bit silly. Also ate at Coast one evening, cocktails really strong and food and setting was good.
Beach lovely and we snorkelled quite a bit off the beach, yes the current is quite strong but it only takes you along the beach and not out to sea so you can always get out of the water lower down the beach and walk back. Don't forget your surf shoes though, they are invaluable with the coral.
Highlight of our holiday was the boat trip, we went out with Alex and Jack, it was booked with Hans who stands outside the Telfair, both Alex and Jack were fabulous and Jack actually got into the water with us to help us swim with the dolphins which none of the other boats seemed to do, he was a great swimmer and pulled me along to keep up with the dolphins, superb! Food on the island we went to was great too, the barbequed chicken and lobster was delicious, we paid about £280 for the 4 of us but it was well worth it. Oh and the boat that Alex and Jack have also has a toilet on board, really helpful :) They also took us fishing on the way back and my son caught some really good fish, nothing was too much trouble they were very amenable, so you can tailor the trip to what you want. The only snag with this trip was the beach hawkers on the island, they were far more in your face than the ones at the hotel beach, so you have to be very firm if you don't want to buy anything, or just go and sit on the boat out of the way once you've eaten!
Massage included in the package was excellent and we would have had an extra day at the spa but to be honest I got so fed up with all the extra charges for things I dug my heels in and decided not to pay any extra inside the hotel at all.
The holiday was good but as per their questionnaire at the end of the holiday only met expectations, didn't really exceed expectations at all which was a bit disappointing. We did have a good time but were expecting better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank valleysviz
Dear Sir and Madam,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent family holidays and also to celebrate the birthday of Mr. When it is a birthday we try always to go the extra mile as we feel that it needed to be celebrated. The Resort is on an All Inclusive concept but, yes, there are some items that are out of that experience which is chargeable if ever one would decide to have.

Being a Resort with a good mix of different nationalities we are not in a position to serve local dishes every time but we do propose a Mauritian evening once a week and always an option of Mauritian dishes during lunch and dinner.

We do have a policy for tipping which is to concentrate the offering in a tipping box at the reception as I believe and encourage team work. All staff who are tipped individually do drop the money in the tipping box which is shared among the entire team afterwards.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon at The Heritage Awali and do wish you a wonderful end of year.

My best personal regards,

Dalkeith, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We travelled here around 27th Aug 2011 for 16nts, for the second leg of our Honeymoon. We had just been on a magical Safar at Governor’s Camp, Masai Mara in Kenya.

We arrived at night and the transfer was around 45mins in the pitch dark. Some windy roads so be aware. We were the only two in the mini-bus as we had booked private transfers. On arrival as it was the middle of the night there was no banging of the drums however the entrance with all the lighting looked very impressive! Refreshing welcome drinks were appreciated.

We had booked the All Inclusive package which included the buffet restaurant, the Infinity Blue at the beach (unlimited but needs reservation), a visit per week to the 7 colours (reservation required) and Le Chateau )one per stay). We spent most of the first week in the buffet restaurant which had a great selection of tasty treats. Infinity Blue was very nice with table service and an acoustic guitar playing singer, to set the mood, 7 Colours was very nice, with different choices from what you would normally have. We paid for a 3rd visit as we enjoyed it so much.

We had booked a Deluxe Sea View room which was a very nice room with a large bed, walk in wardrobe space with safe, mini bar, AC, sofa, bath, walk in shower, his and her wash hand basins and it also had great sea and pool views. The beach was beautiful with warm, crystal clear waters but with a very strong side-ways current. Trying to swim against this proves impossible. The swimming pools look great but as a previous review states can be a little chilly.

The hotel also has some great activities during the day. You need to reserve a time-slot in advance however but well worth a try – archery, water skiing & wake boarding, the glass bottom boat for great views of the fish on the reef, kayaks, pedalo (difficult in the strong current). I especially loved learing to water ski her and also masterd the wake boarding after a couple of attemps....

The main bar has some nice relaxed entertainment and the drinks are great. (minor complaint – service could often be slow, but that might just be me, as when I finish a drink I don’t like to sit for long without a new one.....) The good thing was that most drinks, if not all were included, even Champagne..........

The sunsets here are out of this world, and sitting with a cocktail watching the sun go down is something we enjoyed most evenings. Highly recommend Champagne cocktail or a frozen Daquari.

The weather was nice and warm most days (25 – 30 DegC) but there was a little cloud some days and it rained heavily a few times – typical weather for a tropical island.

We did a couple of trips organised by our rep –
Deep sea fishing – amazing, the other couple cancelled on the day so we ended up with the boat to ourselves, with the captain and his assistant to keep us right. We were looking for marlin, but caught some skipjack tuna and a Dorada instead – biggest fish I ever caught.
Island tour & 7 Colours trip – nice day away from the hotel to see the sights and get some great photos. We even met a couple of giant tortoises.
We also had the complimentary massage included in the AI package which was very nice.

There were a few weddings happening during our stay which looked very nice. There were also a number of Honeymooners there at the same time as us.

Overall, a very lovely stay with some very nice, friendly, polite and helpful staff. We would love to return one day......

Room Tip: Deluxe room with sea view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VinnieDevine
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali for your recent stay. I am really glad to read that you have had a fantastic experience during your stay with us. You are very right to say that there is not much experience that can beat a wonderful sunset with a Champagne cocktail in hand.

Let me apologise for the delay at the Zenzibar, this was due to the fact that the Bar was crowded and that, sometimes, it is very difficult to deliver so many cocktails at the same time.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team who served you and who made your holidays a great one.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in a close future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!