This holiday was meant to be taken 6 months previously but due to circumstances out of our control had to be postponed but my it was worth waiting for. Yes the flight was long,and not the most comfortable,but from the moment we landed and were met in a private car the promise of a perfect paradise holiday became reality. The hotel is everything it claims to be on its website and in the brochures and the staff could not be more friendly or accommodating. We stayed in a beachfront room which was roomy and beautifully furnished with a great bathroom. The pool area, beachfront and gardens are immaculately kept and there are plenty of sun loungers. The food is varied and of a good quality and there is plenty of choice. In the bar each evening there was live entertainment with a variety of good bands and the all inclusive allows plenty of choice with drinks, including a regularly restocked mini bar in the room. Plenty of chilled bottled water is also available.
The spa is well equipped and many treatments available although a bit pricey.
We spent quite a lot of time on the beautiful and very well kept golf course. The course is challenging with stunning views and undulating greens. The staff are so attentive and being able to leave clubs and shoes (cleaned after each round!) was a bonus.
We did a round the island trip and also the beautiful south which were nice but not essential. We also did Baboo's boat trip which was great fun and recommended.
It is not possible to pick out one particular member of staff for their contribution towards making our stay so good as they are all really attentive. OK maybe on the odd occasion we had to wait a while for a drink but hey, you're on holiday, what's the rush. We are seriously considering coming back again and in 30 years of marriage we have never returned to a hotel for another holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre