“Amazing wedding”

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
“Amazing wedding”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed from the 5 th June for two weeks. We flew with british airways the flight outbound was good the flight home the service was extremely poor the crew just couldnt be bothered and were actually quite rude, I would not fly with them again. The hotel was gorgeous all staff were lovely and always took the time to speak to my little boy who is nearly 3 and he loved the attention. The buffet restaurant was very good but infinity blue was amazing. On the afternoon we arrived met our wedding co ordinator and she was fab we got everything arranged in just over an hour ! Then the trip to port lois to do the legal bit only took 5 hours. Our wedding was in the garden gazebo and it was just what i had imagined, the photographer was so good and we have loads of beautiful memories. We had our wedding meal in infinity blue and it was lovely looking out at the sea. We were a little disappointed we could not go the the honeymoon meal as it looked so lovely with all the candles as they didnt let children in there! But they did arrange for us to have the menu in another restaurant. Overall our wedding was perfect. The rooms are lovely and spacious and bathrooms are fab the lady who cleaned our room was lovely. The bar staff are so good special mention to jay,vanessa and danny all assets to the hotel. We did a dolphin and beach bbq boat trip with Eddy who we met at the beach , it is a must if you go saw 60 or more dolphins and the lobster was gorgeous, My mum hurt herself on the boat and needed a bit of medical treatment and the two guys on the boat and Eddy were amazing and looked after us so well, Worth looking for Eddy to book your boat trip. The crocodile park was very good for young kids aswell as adults as you can ride on the giant tortoises!!. This hotel was fabulous and our wedding amazing really just want to go back very soon.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank loustevens1978
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for the organisation of your wedding and also for your recent holidays.

I am happy to read that my team has been exceeding your expectations and that you have enjoyed your experience.

I will pass on your appreciation to your wedding coordinator who was dedicated for the whole organization of your wedding, to the Infinity Blue team and the Bar staff team and most specifically to Jay, Vanessa and Danny.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back here again and in the near future.

I wish you a wonderful life together,

Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Czech first
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife booked up our first holiday to the Indian Ocean with seymauritius whom are Seychelles and Mauritius experts. The service we received was outstanding! The specialist asked all what we require from our holiday and took the time to find us the most perfect suited itinerary. We didn't feel any pressure into booking but after the detailed information we received about the resort/island, the honesty and interest they showed & their service and professionalism throughout our quotation process, we decided that would be the company we use to book! I strongly recommend seyexclusive and seymaurius if you are looking for a holiday to either the Seychelles of Mauritius and I just wanted to quickly mention them in my review! This company provided very competitive prices too and was able to beat my initial research quotes from 2 other well known agents who didn't offer half the service seymauritius did!

Now onto the flights and hotel.... We flew with emirates, great airline and we were lucky enough to travel in business class on this holiday. Can't fault it, staff were great, food very fresh, seats/beds most comfortable and overall a smooth flight. We stopped off in Dubai which was a nice opportunity to stretch our legs.
When we arrived in Mauritius we were transferred by mauritours who i could not fault for their polite and efficient service. we were transferred to our hotel in no time.

We arrived in reception and thought 'wow'! led in by immaculately dressed staff and literally to a beat of a drum. The first thing we noticed was the view of the Indian Ocean which after 11 hours of flying made it all worth while. Welcome drink was put straight in our hands which made us feel refreshed and relaxed.

We checked into the deluxe seafront room at the Heritage Awali, great view & straight on the beach, overall an excellent first impression. We unpacked and had a wonder round the resort to familiarise ourselves. The beach was small in width but the stretch was ongoing, beautiful white sand and fabulous waves. The sea was clear and warm. We went on the glass bottom boat and that was stunning.

The resort itself is clean, tidy and luxurious. I would say more adult focused and quiet which was just what we wanted.

We dined in the buffet restaurant which was fab, great selection of food and very fresh. The restaurants are intimate and never overcrowded. We never waited once for a table or service. The A-la-carte at the golf resort was very plush and the food was mouthwatering, as for the A-la-carte at the Telfair resort next door, well 'wow' is all I have to say, flawless resort!

Of an evening we would have a few drinks in the bar and then a few more! Relaxing singers, acoustic guitarists or soft jazz entertained us, very pleasant.

We did the day trip excitation to port Louis which was ok but the market was very busy and a bit confined for us but we did love the visit to botanical gardens.

The swimming pool was very 'spa like', empty and quiet most of the time which is nice when you are pool side reading a book and relaxing.

Overall the resort staff were very friendly, the service was supurb and nothing was too much trouble! We would return no doubt about it and may visit the telfair next time which is a hotel owned by the heritage group.

We are off to the Seychelles in may 2014 to review our wedding vows, much looking forward to it!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Bimsmvs
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your recent holidays.

Thank you for commenting so nicely on your experience in the Resort. I am really glad to read that you've had a fantastic experience during your stay with us.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team and we are all looking forward to welcome you back here again in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just back from a week here & it is, without doubt, one of the best resorts we've ver stayed at. Excellent food & drinks - all inclusive option is really comprehensive & we had very few extras. The staff are really what make this place stand out - they really do all they can to make sure you you have the best possible holiday experience. The food is really varied & of a very high standard. The cocktails are great & the champagne is included in AI packages

Really can't speak highly enough of this resort - lots of activities to keep you occupied if you're looking for a more active holiday but also perfect if you just want to chill out & forget about the world!

Room Tip: A beachfront room is worth paying a bit citrate for
3 Thank HonestReview86
Dear Mr and Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your recent holidays.

Thank you also for commenting so nicely on your experience in the Resort. I am really glad to read that you've had a wonderful stay with us.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and we all look forward to welcome you back here again in the near future.

Our best personal regards to you

Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On arriving at the hotel I was somewhat disappointed as I really didn't get the 'wow' factor. However the hotel won me over during my visit and we had a truly relaxing and genuinely great holiday. It is not the best all inclusive hotel we've visited but the friendliness of staff and quality of food made up for some flaws. This review is my personal and genuine experience at this hotel.
Location
The hotel is about a 50 minutes drive from the airport. This experience was probably the worst 50 minutes of my life! The driver repeatedly spoke on his mobile phone and swerved about on the very narrow bumpy road.
There are 4 hotels along the stretch of beach. 3 of which are part of the Heritage group. You can visit them all but very little is included in your package and check this out before you go to any of the restaurants or bars. The beach is nice but some days with the coral reef and tide there were lots of very sharp pieces of coral which made it difficult to walk close to the water.
Room
We stayed in block 1 which is attached to the main hotel. Not the best for views etc. but great if it is raining as their is a passageway to the main block saving you getting wet. Decent standard room with mini bar and large bathroom. Only two useable power sockets, one British and one European. The TV channels were most foreign with only really BBC World News always in English. I would recommend you ask for a room in block 7 which overlooks the infinity pool.
Food & Drink
This was the best part of the stay. I really loved the food. Particularly the Infinity Blue beach restaurant. The pizza and seafood were terrific. The main buffet restaurant always had something I enjoyed although on my first visit I was disappointed with the range of choice. The curries were absolutely great. We visited Le Chateau which was a great experience. The food was okay but not terrific. The price of the drink however was too pricey for me. The cheapest bottle of house wine was over £30. I bought it and would say it would match a £3.99 bottle from Asda.
We drank at the main bar each night and found the service very good. We did however give the barmen good tips! However the waiter service was sometimes good and sometimes not so. It really depended who was working.
As has been said by others, the all inclusive package is confusing and you need to read up on things when you arrive.
I have copies of the information you receive when you arrive and can email it to anyone who contacts me.
I really enjoyed my holiday but will save my money and go back to the Caribbean next time.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view you need to be specific about which block you stay in.
10 Thank merchant
Dear Mr and Mrs,

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that the team has been able to meet your expectations. I have taken good note of some of the points raised in your comments related to your overall experience, points that would definitely help me to improve my service.

I will pass on your appreciation to the whole Food and Beverage team who will be delighted to know that they have managed to exceed your expectations.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Manchester
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited resort 10-26 June
Booked with Mercury Direct and no problems
Normal Deluxe Room (1203) view of pool and site of the sea.In my opinion not worth the extra for DSV or Beach room.
All inclusive package slightly confusing at first bot you are given information on arrival which explains everything.
We only ate in the Balafon main buffet and Infinity Blue in the evening but both excellent.
Although some of the menus show price details don't worry if you are on the AI as there is no charge.
The sister hotel next door Le Telfair is available in your package but in our opinion lacks the friendliness and ambiance of the Awali. Seems to cater for French and European clients.

If you are worried maybe after your first week check with reception for your bill update.
Make sure you book the "Walking with lions" excursion amazing. In my opinion the Interaction as opposed to the actual walking is perfectly adequate. there is a difference of fifty pounds.
The staff are very hard working and very friendly once you start to engage in conversation. We have exchanged our email address to a number of the staff.
On your visit to the resort please pass on my regards from" Lovely Jubbly" a number of the staff will know what you mean.
Enjoy

4 Thank strawberrysip
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resorts for your recent holidays.

Thank you also for commenting so nicely on your experience at the Resort. I am glad to read that you've had a great stay with us.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm never one to complain or heap praise on people or places, and have never written to trip advisor before. However I feel that this is a must to let people know exactly what they will find when they go to Awali...
My wife and I went at the middle of June for our silver wedding and booked through Kuoni. We flew from Glasgow via Dubai with Emirates, who were brilliant. Neither of us have been on a long haul flight and found the staff, food and drink, seats and entertainment(films and music) first class. We were picked up at the airport in Mautitius by a really pleasant and informative private taxi driver and taken the hour or so to the hotel.
On arrival we were met by the staff who seemed genuinely pleased to greet us and gave us hot towels to freshen up. From then on everything was taken care of, with the bags to the room and concise booking in process, which was short and to the point. Exactly what was required after being on the road for 24 hours or so....
Our room was clean, spacious, tidy and all that you'd expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel over in UK. It had a mini bar and 6 South African sports channels, which were in English. The maid was efficient and good at her job. She was also very pleasant and desperate to know that she was making a good job of her cleaning, which she was.
The bar and the entertainment was first class, with waiters continually wanting to give away drink and keep your glasses topped up. Never met a bad waiter, they were all extremely polite and helpful.
The gym and sports equipment, tennis courts and pools were excellent. Well maintained, good quality and always clean and tidy. The staff at the gym (Nicola) were very pleasant and helpful, and eager to please.
The food was outstanding. Can't say more than that. There was a large and varied selection every night, and even fussy eaters would have been hard pushed not to find something they didn't like. That brings me on to "Le Chateau". Guest are allowed one visit to Heritages' private restaurant when all inclusive, and it was a memorable experience. We booked it for our actual anniversary night and the staff made it unforgettable. The food was amazing. My wife chose from the set AI menu, and I chose from the restaurant menu, for which there was extra to pay. We both thought our meals were out of this world... The staff there were superb as well. After realising (being told) this was our actual silver wedding night the waiters, chefs and other staff all appeared with a special cake which had just been "russled up". Photos, tears and congratulations followed which made it very, very special.
The golf course is what it says on the tin... A first class championship golf course. Well laid out with greens that any golfer would love to putt on every week. The staff at the course were very pleasant and helpful, and the lunches were as good if not better than the lunches at the hotel.
The only other thing I can think of was the spa. We had a free one hour treatment that was outstanding. Never done anything like this before and found it a bit strange at first, but got to say really enjoyed it.
All in all a special memory made special by the hotel, their staff, the guests ( who all seemed to be on honeymoon, getting married or on some kind of romantic break) and outstanding food and drink.

13 Thank Michelle B
Lindley-Thomen, General Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Brownlee

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your recent holidays and to celebrate your Silver Wedding Anniversary.

I am glad to read that your overall experience was great and that my staff managed to enhance your holidays experience. I will pass on your appreciation to your Room Maid, to Nicola from the Gym and the entire kitchen and Spa team.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back at The Heritage Awali again.

My best personal regards,
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the moment we arrived to being dropped back off at the airport The Heritage Awali could not have done enough for us. They were friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. The place is spotless, cleaned to the highest standard, the food was amazing, especially the honeymoon meal, and blue infinity resturant. Even the buffet resturant for breakfast and dinner was cooked fresh and to a high standard, we normally get a bit bored but there was always something different to try every night.
Everyone is so friendly and always there to help. We didn't do much but rest, yet there are a lot of activities you can get involved in. Our only criticism was the weather, we had a couple of cloudy days and its was a bit windy, with some rain, but this is there winter so we expected it. Though it was 24-27 most of the time.
We would love to go back in the future, they made our Honeymoon very special, fantastic place and fantastic people.
A definate place to visit!!
S.Clarke

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Samantha Clarke S
Dear Mr and Mrs Clarke

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your honeymoon stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your holiday experience and that my team managed to deliver expected services to you.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again in a close future.

My best personal regards to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!