Lovely place. Rooms large and kept spotless.
Golf- if you play golf this is the place to go. Championship course with the best greens I have ever played on. Every hole is different and some have great character. Not for the beginner but there is a really good par three course. Food and service in clubhouse first class. Clubs and shoes are cleaned for you after every round. Everything all inclusive except buggies which are £40 for two people but they only charge £20 for a single.
Food is excellent although the allowance of 1,000 rupees at Chateau, Ginga and Annabels was confusing and the price of wine at £40 a bottle is a bit much. The all inclusive restaurants include wine and the food at infinity and C club is excellent.
The one bad point is the current that runs along the beach. I am quite a strong swimmer and swimming against it full out I stayed still. The pools are excellent.
The staff are excellent and at night we had a never empty glass of wine. We tipped a few people but, particularly at golf, they certainly were not pushing for it.
The one main complaint is the birds in the buffet at breakfast. They roam over counters picking at food in the displays and swarm around left overs at tables. Excrement is left on chairs and on my t-shirt one morning.
I would recommend this resort especially if you play golf and I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre