My wife and I stayed at the Heritage Awali resort from 12November to 19November. We have one major regret, and that this amazing honeymoon could not last longer…!!
In May of this year I started to research what resort we wanted to go to for our Honeymoon, I am the type of person that likes to get the best Bang for my Buck.
Heritage Awali was one of our selections, and I read almost all 500+ the review, from good to bad. I will conclude on what I thought of the reviews on Tripadvisor about Heritage Awali.
I will start with general comments and keep the positive and negative aspects short and to the point.
Since our arrival at Heritage (drum beats and all) we had a wonderful time. The resort is amazing from top to bottom. This is a 5star resort no doubt, the grounds are immaculate and the rooms more so.
The staff always had a smile to greet you, and if there were problems it was sorted out as soon as possible. I have to say a massive thank you to XXX and XXX who helped us. Also a thank you to the waiters who was always on hand to help, especially.
The rooms were clean and very neat. We had regular visits from cleaning staff to change our beach towels. After we had breakfast and a stroll on the beach the rooms were clean by ±11Am. The minibar was also restocked daily.
Restaurants & Meals
We went with the all-inclusive package. All the restaurants had lovely food, all well-presented and delicious. We never felt that the food was the same all the time. The Infinity Blue was our preferred restaurant and we enjoyed our afternoon lunches here as well, with the amazing beach view. A special thank you needs to go to the Restaurant Manager (I lost his name) who took great care of us. We also had a special honeymoon dinner on the beach, thanks to all who made this so special.
Drinks & Bars
The all-inclusive package also included free cocktails, beer, wine, champagne, etc… This is the way to go, we loved the cocktails after our dinner, with a relaxing atmosphere and live entertainment every night!! The entertainment was different each night and of top quality, especially the saga dancers and singers.
We went with White Sands travel tours, they are affiliated with the resort, and we had wonderful excursions including, a catamaran trip to I’ll De Cerf Island, a scenic trip of the south. White sands tours were top notch and very professional. You can pay with your credit card.
We have so many, the resort, staff and atmosphere was amazing. We loved the food and the cocktails, it was top notch and 5star all the way!!
The resort was very busy (fully booked) so you had to be patient for servers to get to you. The birds in the morning could become tiresome to keep away from your scrumptious breakfast.
Recommendations / Tips
Make sure the resort knows you are coming for your Honeymoon, that your beds and room are setup correctly. Definitely go for the All-inclusive package, you won’t regret it (prices at the resort are high especially for South Africans).
Make sure you book the Catamaran trip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre