This was our 1st AI holiday we had taken and we werent disappointed! We arrived to be met by drums and cooling towels and the warmest smiles! Check in fairly swift, as like other reports have stated we had already been booked into various restaurants but we took this time to change a couple of our bookings which was a little frustrating but with a little patience we got there! Our room was in a block away from the bar which was lovely and spacious, lovely bathroom and a partial seaview! We used the beach most days as thats what we preferred and there was no problem getting a sunbed. I did venture into the pools a couple of times and they werent as cold as what i was expecting having read some reports. The layout , the gardens etc are beautiful. The staff were attentive, friendly and often went that little extra mile to spoil us!
It was my husbands birthday while we were there and in the evening we ate at Infinty Blue the food is superb here along with fantastic service, Oliver looked after us and he was amazing! Our table was dressed for the occasion and champagne flowed thoughout our meal, a lovely touch was they had made a birthday cake with candles was bought out at the end of our meal! We ate in Infinity Blue many times both lunch and evenings and have to say the standard was superb! We also loved Cbeach for lunch,we were never treated any different even though we were from the Awali! Food at Annabelles was a big hit with us and the staff made us feel very special! My least favourite was The Chateau which i was actually disappointed with as I expected this to be alot nicer thatn it was, still a good standard but felt the other reataurants were better.
We booked a day trip with Babboo who you will find on the beach most days! We had a fabulous day swimming with dolphins, we were lucky enough to see humpback whales ! Baboo was fantastic, very encouraging to me as a nervous swimming and helped me experience snorkling in the sea! A fantatstic bbq was cooked by Baboo and Steve his ci-pilot which was amazing!!! The best trip of the holiday an absoulute must!!!
To sum up this holiday, completely relaxing, wonderful food, great AI ( although i believe this is changing) fantastic people. I cannot fault this resort!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre