My husband and I travelled to HA in August to get married, along with 18 friends and family. Overall, everything about the hotel was excellent!! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel rooms and grounds were lovely!
As the title suggests, we got married on the beach, and the weather was great! As we wanted a beach wedding from the start, my main concern was the weather, and overall, for the whole stay the weather was perfect, mid 20s most of the time, so not too hot! There was perhaps one day of rain, and a few showers here and there on one or two days, but nothing horrendous! Our holiday was from August 13th to 27th.
Our wedding planner, Keshnee, was lovely and accommodating! I took decorations for the tables, etc, and she did everything as I asked. In fact, she did more than I asked for, for example, putting chair backs on the chairs at the ceremony and table at no extra cost!
We chose an arch of flowers for the ceremony, and these flowers were used as table decorations, and were delivered to our room afterwards where they stayed for the duration of our stay, so you definitely get your money's worth if you pay for any extras.
The formalities of the wedding were carried out efficiently, with my husband and I being driven into the town and accompanied throughout.
The hotel photographer was brilliant, his name was Krishna and he took some lovely photos which were of an exceptionally high standard! He took photos of us at the beach and all around the grounds too, so there was quite a bit of variety to them.
The only criticism of the whole trip was that you can't eat and drink at the Telfair from the Awali without being charged extra (aside from Le Chateau, and again, this had limitations). This didn't really bother us, but I didn't like the fact that the holiday operators didn't tell us this. There are also limitations to what you can eat at the Awali, but these are very small, for example, if you wanted lobster, etc, there was an extra charge, but overall, there was a large choice of dishes which were included in the 'All inclusive' deal.
As a few have mentioned thus far, I would HIGHLY recommend that you go all inclusive, because the food and drinks were very expensive if you didn't!
With regards to wedding preparations, I had my hair and make up done at the salon, and the lady was great, and the products were fab! However, I also had a maincure (no polish, just tidy up of cuticles, etc) and pedicure (with polish), and I had a few eyebrows removed (I say this because it literally was a case of a couple being removed with tweezers), and they charged me for a full eyebrow wax. The cost of the manicure and pedicures were also astronomical, I think it ended up being about £70 for a pedicure and about £40 for the manicure. It was my own fault as I should have been more careful about reading the cost when I was signing, but it was the morning of the wedding, so I think I was pre-occupied! : )
Just be careful if they say 'oh, I'll just tidy this up for you too', as it seems they will charge you full for it all, so just be careful when you sign for things.
Other than that though, it was great! The excursions were also good, some people went walking with lions and thoroughly enjoyed, we walked on the sea bed, which was quite good, not amazing as you're not down there for long, but good considering the price!
I would definitely recommend anyone to go there for a holiday, particularly if it's for a wedding or honeymoon, as I personally don't think there would be a huge amount to do if you had children, but everyone's different!
If anyone is getting married there, and would like more details or to see pictures, just message me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre