“Beach Wedding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Perth, Australia
“Beach Wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I travelled to HA in August to get married, along with 18 friends and family. Overall, everything about the hotel was excellent!! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel rooms and grounds were lovely!

As the title suggests, we got married on the beach, and the weather was great! As we wanted a beach wedding from the start, my main concern was the weather, and overall, for the whole stay the weather was perfect, mid 20s most of the time, so not too hot! There was perhaps one day of rain, and a few showers here and there on one or two days, but nothing horrendous! Our holiday was from August 13th to 27th.

Our wedding planner, Keshnee, was lovely and accommodating! I took decorations for the tables, etc, and she did everything as I asked. In fact, she did more than I asked for, for example, putting chair backs on the chairs at the ceremony and table at no extra cost!

We chose an arch of flowers for the ceremony, and these flowers were used as table decorations, and were delivered to our room afterwards where they stayed for the duration of our stay, so you definitely get your money's worth if you pay for any extras.

The formalities of the wedding were carried out efficiently, with my husband and I being driven into the town and accompanied throughout.

The hotel photographer was brilliant, his name was Krishna and he took some lovely photos which were of an exceptionally high standard! He took photos of us at the beach and all around the grounds too, so there was quite a bit of variety to them.

The only criticism of the whole trip was that you can't eat and drink at the Telfair from the Awali without being charged extra (aside from Le Chateau, and again, this had limitations). This didn't really bother us, but I didn't like the fact that the holiday operators didn't tell us this. There are also limitations to what you can eat at the Awali, but these are very small, for example, if you wanted lobster, etc, there was an extra charge, but overall, there was a large choice of dishes which were included in the 'All inclusive' deal.

As a few have mentioned thus far, I would HIGHLY recommend that you go all inclusive, because the food and drinks were very expensive if you didn't!

With regards to wedding preparations, I had my hair and make up done at the salon, and the lady was great, and the products were fab! However, I also had a maincure (no polish, just tidy up of cuticles, etc) and pedicure (with polish), and I had a few eyebrows removed (I say this because it literally was a case of a couple being removed with tweezers), and they charged me for a full eyebrow wax. The cost of the manicure and pedicures were also astronomical, I think it ended up being about £70 for a pedicure and about £40 for the manicure. It was my own fault as I should have been more careful about reading the cost when I was signing, but it was the morning of the wedding, so I think I was pre-occupied! : )

Just be careful if they say 'oh, I'll just tidy this up for you too', as it seems they will charge you full for it all, so just be careful when you sign for things.

Other than that though, it was great! The excursions were also good, some people went walking with lions and thoroughly enjoyed, we walked on the sea bed, which was quite good, not amazing as you're not down there for long, but good considering the price!

I would definitely recommend anyone to go there for a holiday, particularly if it's for a wedding or honeymoon, as I personally don't think there would be a huge amount to do if you had children, but everyone's different!

If anyone is getting married there, and would like more details or to see pictures, just message me!

Thanks!

Room Tip: We had an upgrade to a deluxe room, and I think it's probably well worth it! They were lovely, e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank slew_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Czech first
Huntly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Like BiFi72 we have just returned from a Chaka Travel Mixed Pairs Golf Event, based at the H.A. Both of us had a terrific time and would definately recommend this Hotel to all who see this review, in fact this was our second holiday spent at this hotel, and I don't think you can give higher praise than to say we can't wait to go back again! It was primarily a golfing holiday we went on, an ' All Inclusive ' basis, the only money we spent was on buggies for the golf, a few excursions, and the odd drink/meal whilst not on the hotel properties. As mentioned before, the All Inclusive is definately the way to go, it takes all the money hassle away and leaves you free to enjoy your holiday. The golf Course at the Heritage was excellent, some great holes, good for Low and High handicaps alike. We also visited the Tamarin and the Paradis, the latter definately being the favourite of ourselves, the greens were brilliant, you could see where the greens were 'laid' into the ground, never the less, amongst some of the best greens I have played on whilst abroad. The staff at the Heritage could not have been any nicer, whilst there I had a birthday, our room was decorated with flowers, the beach restaurant Infinity Blue, had a birthday cake made for me, and then surprised me with it when we wet there for lunch, even some of the staff we met that day, without any prompting wished me Happy Birthday. A really nice touch which was warmly appreciated by us. When we booked the holiday we were asked if we wanted a room with a sea view, as we had been before, we chose the sea view, it was well worth the small amount extra to savour the view each morning. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, all you need for what little time you spend there whilst on holiday. The restaurants are all first class, and there are a few eateries near by should you wish to venture outside the hotel, the Chateau was particularly good. There are plenty of sea based activities to do, and some land based ones also. We went on the Catamaran trip and have got to say it was one of the best days of the holiday, the Crew were superb, and added hugely to the enjoyment of the day. As we were on a Golfing Holiday, the Golf Rep organised everything for us, but from what I saw at the hotel, the staff would organise any excursions of your choice for you. All in all, I would highly recommend the Heritage, excellent staff, sea view room, all inclusive, golf, great weather, what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: Definately choose a sea view room, you pay a small premium, but absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 99JPD
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently visited the Heritage Awali on a Chaka Travel Mixed Pairs golf holiday. We had a first class holiday experience from arrival to departure. Some of our time was spent on prebooked golf events which were a little extra for our package but we had a lot of free time as well to indulge ourselves in the delights of Awali. We particularly enjoyed the ability to visit other restaurants within the area - C Beach was our favourite but Infinity Blue was terrific as well. Annabella's and the Chateau were both top class too but you have to have favourites, don't you?

The beach activities were diverse and fun and the staff were always helpful and charming to help us enjoy them. On land we cycled and went on the 4 wheel drive experience where everyone went out of their way to help us enjoy ourselves. We also had a Spa experience thrown in which was relaxing too.

Whenever we went to the golf course we were treated like royalty whether we were playing or not. The organised rounds were as you would expect but on occasions when we turned up together or individually to play just 9 holes or have a little time practising on our own it was just as easy as being at your 'home' course. In fact, for that fortnight, we felt it was our home course

I need to agree with Lesley that the 'all inclusive' nature of the resort was an important part of the deal. It is not only knowing that you need spend no more than you bargained for but that no one else feels they have to push the boat out or be seen to go overboard. I am sure in some places this can be a mutual downgrade but in Awali it is a universal upgrade.

Finally, the staff were, almost universally, terrific. Smiles and greetings were all around and this comined with great weather and relaxing ambiance made for a wonderful holiday. We are still feeling the benefits and singing the praises of our holiday while feeling grossly envious of people we met this weekend who are going in a few days time.

BiFi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BiFi72
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just got back from our trip to Mauritius, which included a 5 night stay at Awali and then 3 nights at Laguna Beach Hotel on the east coast. Heritage Awali was great! Awesome service, and fantastic food.
One tip I can give to future guests is to make sure that you make reservations at the restaurants in advance.
Besides the buffet, there are 4 other Ala Carte restaurants included in the all inclusive package, but they get booked up very quickly, 2 days in advance is not enough time. So make sure you make reservations from home.
The guided bike ride along the coast and through the villages was fantastic and I can recommend it! Its a leisurely 8 km ride, beautiful!!

Room Tip: When making the reservation, ensure to enquire exactly where the room is situated. Although all room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrsCassiopia
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Heritage Awali for two weeks on 28/09/12. There were twelve of us and all golfers. The golf course was great, a bit taxing in parts, but overall very good. The Hotel was clean and the staff very nice, very clean. The food was good, but you do need to make sure you get booked into the restaurants as soon as you get there, if not Balafon becomes a bit boring. Fantastic breakfasts, omlettes cooked to your liking on demand, pancakes good too. Rooms spacious and clean. In my opinion though Spa not one of the best I have attended, although we did get a free massage. Go down to C Beach at the end of the Beach, good lunches and great cocktails. If you want a great day out on a boat, see Paolo. We swam with Dolphins, snorkelled and they cooked us great Lobster on the bbq. Altogether a great holiday would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Better to get a Beach front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Gina R
orte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent our honey moon in Heritage Awali, a grat hotel and perfect location for wedding.
We disappointed about room cleaning service (no bedroom linen change for 5 nights and dirty bath bin often). Restaurant waiters service is not so good as i expected for an high category hotel, while reception and spa service were good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank courteney82
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Speechless!!!!! Setting is breathtaking!!! Hotel aesthetics and interior is beautiful!! But the cherry on the cake has to be the staff!!!! Best service I have received in the WHOLE world!!! BRILLIANT!! thanks guys!! you made our holiday unforgettable!!!!

Room Tip: All inclusive is a must!!!!!!!! prices are very expensive outside the all inclusive package.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,402 reviews

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!