Tripadvisor
Bel Ombre
Post
Inbox
Search

“Ideal for private parties”

The Plantation Club
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Bel Ombre
Description: The Plantation Club is a restaurant serving modern Mauritian cuisine. The a la carte menu is the perfect meeting of European and Mauritian know-how working its magic on choice local fresh products. Nestled away in a tropical garden of the Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort and overlooking sugar cane fields and mountains, it features also a private pool, outdoor bar and lounge area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a private party held in the plantation club. The venue created the perfect ambience for a pre-wedding party. The food prepared on cooking stations was perfect, There was enough space for the guests to mingle, and the staff were very attentive. We even managed to have lunch there on another day and we were not disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2019
cyrillecarmona, General Manager at The Plantation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rajf2013,

We are thrilled to hear the private party and pre-wedding was enjoyable with the live station, the food and the team service care. We will all be looking forward to see you once again for more discovery on what Plantation as to offer.

Executive Chef

Write a reviewReviews (258)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We attended the club for a special lobster tasting menu. It was fantastic! The food was delicious and there was a live 3 piece band playing on the veranda making a brilliant atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2020
cyrillecarmona, Manager at The Plantation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dulciep2015,

Thank you for your praise about the lobster night and the live band. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed it and hope to see you soon for more discovery about our menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had beautiful evening at the Plantation Club. Monday evening lobster night with superb band trio. Food delicious, atmosphere lovely.

Dear Oakwellite,

We are please you enjoyed your experience with us at Plantation during the lobster evening. We hope we can see you back in a near future for more discovery of our menu.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

The best restaurant I've been to in Mauritius. Loved, LOVED their gastronomic lobster menu that I treated myself to. I particularly loved the lobster ceviche with gazpacho, the lobster with a coffee cream and, as a dessert, the couscous with exotic fruits. Lovely interior decoration and fantastic staff

Date of visit: January 2020
cyrillecarmona, Manager at The Plantation Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear Cdecapitani,

We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us with the "lobster evening". We look forward to see you back to discover more of our specialties.

Reviewed December 27, 2019

Oh lord, so where do I start.. just a bit of background. I stayed at Outrigger for one night on Christmas Eve especially to have dinner at the Plantation Club. When I saw all the positive reviews, I was so impatient to try it and experience another great fine-dining restaurant.. but what a surprise, and a very bad one.. the appetizer with palmhearts was too acidic so we couldn’t even taste the caviar on top. The foie gras didn’t taste like foie gras, was mushy and not very good. Then we asked to replace the lamb with something else as we don’t really eat that meat. We have been given the choice between fish and chicken. Well we got one of each and gosh.. when those arrived, I got quite shocked.. no plating at all, the fish, just like the chicken were overcooked and had a very blend taste. The side dishes were exactly the same for chicken and fish?! When you call yourself a fine dining restaurant, you cannot allow yourself to serve those on Christmas eve even though this wasn’t on the menu! And then the said « fig tart with goat cheese » were just squares of toasted soft bread, a bit of fig confit and a sphere of goat cheese which wasn’t even good!! (Please look at the pictures, that is exactly what it was!!!).. then comes the dessert.. a real joke, a « candle » of grapefruit mousse with a sphere of white chocolate filled with caramel? The look is awful to start with (look at the pictures, you can already tell), and the tastes don’t even mix well together!! The whole dining experience has been an awful one, and guess what, we paid 280 EUR for this... this was the worst fine-dining experience I have ever had and trust me I have had many all over the world!!
I am really not sure the chef was actually there that night as I felt all the dishes elements had been prepared in advance with all the cooks learning how to plate or serve all the dishes for that dinner as it was only one menu. I truly hope for them the chef was not there (which is still not acceptable for such a night when your guests pay this price for dinner) because if he were, I wouldn’t call this cooking and even less call the Plantation Club a fine-dining option!!

Date of visit: December 2019
cyrillecarmona, Manager at The Plantation Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Dear Thehkfrfoodie,

I am sorry to hear about the missed experience during your Christmas dinner with us. I have noted each of your comments and picture to see all the issues and were we have missed anything to ensure we improve each dish the right level of perfection we have to deliver daily. I hope we can welcome you back very soon with us and I can personally meet you to recover your trust and ensure you have the right level of culinary experience.

With Renewed Culinary Apologies