Porini Rhino Camp
  • Bar/Lounge
Maiyan(Nanyuki Town)
$175
$164
Lions Court Lodge(Nanyuki Town)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Restaurant
Sere Enkang House(Nanyuki Town)
$145
Jumia Travel
TIN CANTINA @PENGUIN HOUSE.(Nanyuki Town)(Great Value!)
$63
Mukima House(Nanyuki Town)
$985
Sirikoi(Nanyuki Town)
Segera Retreat(Nanyuki Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsol pejetagame driveswatering holesafari experiencejulie roggowcape buffaloland roverbucket showermess tenthot watermanager davidfelt safe at all timeslocal communitiesnairobi airportother guestswatchful eyesafari shower
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Porini Camps service would better any International Hotels.
This is my fourth visit to Porini Rhino Camp and is a continuation of my journey last year with my initial driver Daniel and guide Ben.
Thanks Daniel for coming off leave and travelling so far to be my Driver greatly appreciated and also Ben thanks for staying at camp until my journey for 2012 was completed
Each day started with brewed coffee to my tent and a happy hello which followed by a cooked breakfast then we were on the road to see nature unfold before one’s eyes how exciting each day different and I got some great photos.
Daniel and Ben are great Drivers/Guides and know what to do and where to go for the best viewing. During the five days I saw numerous sightings of Rhino’s, lioness and her cubs, cheetah’s, new born warthogs, baby hyenas, buffalos and the list goes on and on.
The meals at Rhino are first class and it is interesting to go behind the scenes and see how the meals are made – a credit to the Chef and all the staff. It seems every time I go to Rhino Camp and put on weight due to the food and red wine, so now I am back in Australia on a diet trying to get in my pre trip clothes.
Highlights for this visit included:
Having the same driver and guide
Hearing lions roaring at night
Rhino and lion sightings every day
Lioness with cubs and Cheetahs
Giraffe fighting
Having dinner with Daniel and Ben – thanks Maurice for arranging
When I left the camp I left my charger behind (my excuse to return- I doubt that I need an excuse for revisiting a Porini Camps) and I was contacted immediately that it had been found and arrangements were made for it to be delivered to me prior to leaving Kenya – Thanks for the concern.
Rhino staff thanks for making my stay so enjoyable and enjoy the break
Matthew, you have a great team working for you at Rhino Camp and I look forward in continuing my journey next year which will be a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at Rhino camp for 2 nights in april as part of a 6 night porini safari. Wow! From the moment we arrived we were blown away, beautiful conservancy and location, tents are gorgeous, immaculate and beds are so comfy! But what really set this camp apart for us was the staff team led by Matthew. Matthew often joined us for dinner and also took us on a morning game drive, not only is he a fantastic guide and spotter but such an intelligent and inspirational man we spent hours talking to him and we were so sad to say goodbye. He is an absolute star and a credit to porini. Also must mention Amos who served us all our delicious meals and never stopped smiling! And also James who was an excellent driver. Can't thank all of you enough! Would really recommend visiting the chimp and rhino sanctuary while staying here - fantastic! Outstanding porini camp!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2012

What can i say, excellent in every way. Andrew our guide and driver found a blck rhino on our very first game drive. The whole safari experience was unique, marvellous camp, great food, nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: The tents are nicely spread out and every one is excellent, with its own Masai Warrior on guard at night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed 3 nights here and had a wonderful experience. The staff are all top rate and work very hard to ensure your stay is as comfortable as posssible. The tents are beautiful and the location is spectacular. The hot water bottles were a very pleasant suprise and needed as it does get quite chilly at night. Being in a conservancy instead of a game park allows you to go for night game drives and nature walks.Our guides, Bill and Andrew went above and beyond to make sure we saw as much as possible and make our visit memorable. We would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric D
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Traveling solo, I was a little unsure of how I would feel on a safari adventure. Julie, who helped me book, was an excellent resource who made me feel very secure (and excited!) about the adventure I'd experience. When I arrived at the camp, I felt right at home. The entire experience was phenomenal. My game drive guides were knowledgeable and wonderful to spend time with-- they were always well equipped with some snacks and a cool drink too. The food at the camp was unbelievable. I was not expecting freshly baked bread each day...multiple courses of very high quality locally grown food....and impeccable service. So impressed. The animals were of course a major highlight, but I must admit, the whole experience with Porini made the trip SO much more than seeing the animals. I truly felt like I was part of the local community and was catered to every minute. I am looking forward to bringing my daughter with me the next time and maybe even planning a group event with all my friends. I would (and will!) go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo