We spent one night at this camp. The tents are rustic, but comfortable. The highlight is a watering hole right outside the dining area, where animals come. The night we were there, a large herd of elephants came in to the hole. It was really a highlight of our 8 day safari trip.
The place is apparently pretty elevated, so nights can be quite cold. The camp puts some sort of hot container in the beds to provide some heat, since the tents are not heated at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sheltered oasis, clustered around a waterhole and set in the pristine calm of its own private reserve, Sweetwaters Tented Camp is in a class of its own. Abounding with wildlife, unfettered by the more rigorous strictures of the Kenyan National Parks and designed to offer a charming blend of under canvas ambiance and uncompromising luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Sweetwaters Serena Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetwaters Tented Camp Hotel Nanyuki
- Sweetwaters Serena Camp Kenya/Nanyuki Town