This was our second visit to Sweetwaters, but first in the tented camp. Eight years ago, we stayed in the big Kashogi mansion also on the property. Tenting is a great adventure. The rooms were spacious, well lighted. The bath facilities were very nice. Lots of space to put luggage and other travel parcels. We had a front row seat at the waterhole and spectacular sunrise. Food was excellent as was the reception and bar experience. Serena has recently taken over and remodeled many of the facilities and their attention to detail is evident. We took advantage of the night game drive ( even if it is freezing cold) which many of the public preserves will not allow. They provided warm, woolen blankets and when we returned, our beds had a hot water bottle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sheltered oasis, clustered around a waterhole and set in the pristine calm of its own private reserve, Sweetwaters Tented Camp is in a class of its own. Abounding with wildlife, unfettered by the more rigorous strictures of the Kenyan National Parks and designed to offer a charming blend of under canvas ambiance and uncompromising luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Sweetwaters Serena Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetwaters Tented Camp Hotel Nanyuki
- Sweetwaters Serena Camp Kenya/Nanyuki Town