Firstly on the tent itself, nice and comfortable. Right in front of the water hole. We saw a big group of Impala on our day of arrive at noon, a lot of wrathog. We also saw a giraffe drinking water. At one night, we saw two White Rhion, monther and baby; and also a group of waterbuck who jumped over the fence and entered the camp site then run away at the other side. Also a lot of different birds around here. The bed is comfortable. It has 24/7 electricity and water supply, which is a sigficiant advantage over other camp site, and the water supply is running water meanign you can take your shower anytime in the day without being restrainted by the timing of the bucket shower or safari shower whatever you name them as in ohter camps. However the water pressure is still weak here and you have to bear with it.
Food served in the restaurant, no matter for breakfast, lunch or dinner are very similar from meal to meal with average food only. Don't expect too much in this aspects.
Game drive was great as it is a private reserve, you have a high chance of seeing all animals. They also do night safari (which is something only the private reserve can do nowadays) and you can see lion hunting during the night if you are lucky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sheltered oasis, clustered around a waterhole and set in the pristine calm of its own private reserve, Sweetwaters Tented Camp is in a class of its own. Abounding with wildlife, unfettered by the more rigorous strictures of the Kenyan National Parks and designed to offer a charming blend of under canvas ambiance and uncompromising luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Sweetwaters Serena Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetwaters Tented Camp Hotel Nanyuki
- Sweetwaters Serena Camp Kenya/Nanyuki Town