Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$20
Aberdare Country Club(Aberdare National Park)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
Jumia Travel
Joskaki Hotel(Nanyuki Town)
Jumia Travel
TripAdvisor
Treetops Lodge(Aberdare National Park)
  • Breakfast included
1,015 results
All reviewsanimal orphanagehorse ridingwilliam holdenbeautiful hotelsouthern hemispherehole golf coursethe hotel offersmain buildingbreakfast and lunchlog firemount kenyamanicured lawnscolobus monkeysthe cottagesstunning viewsbush dinnerturn down service
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The experience at this Resort is so memorable that words may not express it out. you just need to have the feel by yourself.
The quite environment, warm welcome by staff, excellent cuisine, surprise packages in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Niall C, General Manager at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club!
We are so happy that you chose the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, and thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is always wonderful to hear from our guests that the best part of everything was the service and our team - we pride ourselves on offering true Kenyan Hospitality.
Your kind words regarding our colleagues and hotel are greatly appreciated and will be eagerly passed on.
Please take the time to enroll in our Fairmont Presidents Club before your next visit – this will allow us to offer you the highest level of personalized service with an array of benefits through the membership program.
I will of course share your feedback with the team – who I know will be delighted to hear your feedback.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club - thank you for allowing us to turn your moments into memories.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

very relaxing with warm and friendly staff. The food is very delicious with lots of variety. Bush dinner experience very spectacular! I would go to Fairmont again because it feels like home. I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience our amazing bush dinner; I am so pleased that you found the experience to be “spectacular”!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have you ever experienced Heaven on Earth? If I could re-live ONE DAY of my life - it would be the day I stayed at The Fairmont Mara Safari Club. It was THAT memorable.
Where do I start?
The food - is sumptuous! Kudos to the Chefs and to the servers for appealing presentations of every mouth- watering morsel.
The room - devine! The fire place is "magically" lit every night, hot water bottles are put into the sheets to assure that you stay toasty warm at night!
The Animal Orphanage is a treasure to behold! Do not miss it!! Even though it was pouring rain when I got to the Lodge, I decided to walk down to the Orphanage to see if by chance it was open. This is where I had the privilege of meeting Esther, the gardener responsible for growing the food for the animals. I kiddingly asked her if she was going to be my private tour guide and without hesitation she said "YES!" Let me tell you, THIS was my favorite memory of Africa! Esther's warmth and patience and attentiveness never waned for the 2 hours that I gawked at the first Bongo I had ever seen, or tickled Speedy, the resident Tortoise like Esther showed me to do, or as I posed while Esther took some of my favorite pictures in this Garden of Eden. I will never forget her hospitality and kindness.
The dining room has a magical atmosphere for dinner with an oversized fire roaring and cracking in the fireplace.
The bar is a great hangout and makes from incredible pictures - see attached. You can put one foot on the Northern Hemisphere and one foot on the Southern Hemisphere and snap away for some incredible shots!
The view from my room was breath taking! A snow capped Mt.Kenya in all it's glory.... sigh...I dream of the day when I will go back.
Do yourself a favor, don't just consider staying here: STAY HERE!! It will surpass any and all of your expectations! Asante Fairmont.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your amazing review of the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club!
We really do appreciate your feedback, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I work with pride alongside a very proud and engaged team, who delight in turning moments into memories for our guests – I am ecstatic that we succeeded in achieving our mission.
Your kind words regarding our colleagues and hotel are greatly appreciated and will be most eagerly passed on.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife back, once again, to Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I spent three nights here in April and nearly cried when the stay came to an end. Everything is perfect from the moment one checks in until the dreaded checkout time.
The grounds are spectacular. There is a wonderful animal orphanage on the premises and horseback riding in Kenya National Park is available. We did this, and it was really something to be able to get closer to the animals. They see the horses, not the riders!
The food here is nothing short of exceptional. The breakfast buffet is complete with fresh fruits and breads, yogurt parfaits, real pancakes and eggs any way you choose. Nothing is amiss.
The bedrooms? Our room looked directly at Mt. Kenya, which is generally visible in the mornings. Spectacular! The beds are soft and cozy (not too soft) and the bathroom is typical of all Fairmonts: spacious with great amenities and a shower that no one could complain about. Oh to have the same type at home!!
My experience at Fairmont's is always positive, without exception. The Mount Kenya Safari Club, however, went beyond my expectations. It provides a peaceful and serene experience, with the beautiful back drop of Mt. Kenya. If you choose to do a game drive, there are more than a few choices. Ole Pejeta Conservancy is fabulous and much game is to be seen.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for taking the time to share your valued feedback with regards to your stay.
Guest feedback is so important to our operation and it is always gratifying to know that we have exceeded the expectations of our valued guests.
Your kind comments regarding our team, activities and hotel are greatly appreciated and will be eagerly passed on.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Beautiful weekend gate away.. Perfect view of mount Kenya. Nice room decor and very restful place.. Good facilities for nature lovers.. Very scenic and full of trees..snow capped mountain peaks Would stay here anytime again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I think you summarized, essentially, what we try very hard to deliver every day - exceptional, memorable service which goes hand-in-hand with our location and all of the wonderful facilities our hotel has to offer.
We look forward to welcome you both back, once again, to the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club in the near future.