“Brilliant!”
Review of The Eatery

The Eatery
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Nanyuki Town
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The Eatery Restaurant has to be closed for exciting renovations during early 2013.(However The 'Get Beautiful salon' remains open) By May 2013 we re-open as the 'Courtyard Arcade', comprising of 9 shops and a NEW outdoor courtyard restaurant... alongside our popular salon, which is in process of moving within the same property to a new spot (but remains open!)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

For good food The Eatery is definitely worth a visit. Garlic mushrooms, pepper steak and cake for afters along with soft drinks and masala tea came to a very reasonable KSH1500 (there or therabouts).
The location is clean and having a view of the kitchen and therefore seeing the chef preparing your food is a nice change. Its not particularly modern or trendy inside, but what it lacks in decor, it more than makes up for in sheer quality of food. Far better than Kongoni's which appears to be the default venue.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank No91

Copenhagen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to go in Nanyuki”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The Eatery is a warm, welcoming British restaurant and shop in Nanyuki. I've been there several of times to relax, drink coffee - or gin and tonics - and taste some of their excellent homemade cakes. It's like af safe haven in the middle of Nanyuki, a town that in my eyes after staying here 2 weeks reminds me a bit of movies about The Wild West :-) The service is very friendly and personal:The owners of The Eatery even arranged a Danish Election night for my friends and I.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Gry B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great service, tasty food.”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Visitied on a weekday lunchtime in August on a tour of all the places in Nanyuki as I'm moving over there soon. First thing to say - I will be a definite regular at the Eatery. Food was cooked fresh and served pretty quick by Kenyan standards. I think from arriving to paying the bill was just under an hour. Probably a national record! Nice selection of papers to read while we were waiting, and a good choice of cold drinks including smoothies. Much better than filling the kids with coke!

I always judge the food served on whether it's better than I can do myself - and they did well. Nothing too fancy, but nice. Had a look through the menu at what else is on offer and there's enough variety without getting stuck on which to choose. It's not cheap, but neither is it expensive - so I'd overall I'd call it very good value for money. Derek the owner intorduced himself and was geniunely interested in how the meal was, not the usual "is everything ok, ok then bye". When we said we were moving there he gave us a long run down on living in the area. So all in all, well recomended!

• Visited August 2011
Vancouver
“A warm welcoming restaurant”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Loved the free range chicken - delicious. The fries were great. I highly recommend
this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank moo78
Nanyuki
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice place to lunch and have dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The eatery is a nice little restaurant in Nanyuki.
It serves good quality lunches and dinner as well. It has friendly staff
and also have free very good working, Free wifi.
The restaurant is owned by Derek. Who is very friendly and helpfull
and has it's one novel Club were you can change the books you already red,
for new ones.