We had heard that a new Lodge had opened in November 2013, on the shores of Lake Elementaita and just off the Nairobi-Nakuru Highway, 128km from Nairobi which was especially suitable for those seeking an exquisite weekend getaway with a surrounding expanse of endless greenery. We decided to take advantage of their special off-season full-board rate of Shs.6,000/-p.p and easily got there by road in our personal saloon vehicle. We had booked for 2 nights only and on reaching there we found that the offer is even better if you stay for 4 nights, when you become eligible for a FREE NIGHT guest certificate that can be used at any of the eight SENTRIM properties and they do not charge any extra Easter supplements. I had read in the Hotels website that the lake is fringed with flamingo and pelican but we did NOT spot any flamingoes and saw very few pelicans. Birdlife is excellent, with guests claiming to have seen at least 9 different species including Fischers, Flamingoes, Pelicans, Yellow billed Storks, Lovebirds, etc. There was a UN weekend conference and so the Lodge was quite full. I was informed by the Manager that the Hotel has been rated by the UN as Security Compliant and it has an Electric fence surrounding the entire compound and watchmen patrolling throughout the compound.
View, peace and tranquillity
The view at the Lodge is panoramic and one of the most relaxing and peaceful atmospheres as you can see over the Lake up to the distant un-inhabited foothills. Further beyond, on the other side of the lake we could see hills and their reflection in the calm lakes water was very spectacular. It was an Awesome and Romantic weekend : swimming, jogging by the lakeside, bird watching and Free Wi-Fi.
All the rooms of this lodge overlook the lake and the beautiful gardens with bougainvillea plants. The pathways to the rooms are paved stone, within the gardens of lovely plants and flowers. Additionally, guests have made their own grass trodden short cut routes and I advised the Management to increase the paved pathways.
This is not a tented camp but is a classy 3-star lakeside resort with its serenity and some rooms in blocks and others as private African style luxury Cottages ( Huts ), which are built strategically very near the Lake and can be quite “relaxing“. We had the pleasure of having one of the Deluxe Cottages, luckily allocated to us at the same price and it had a comfortable bed under a Steep inverted cone-shaped circular roof with wooden paneling. The Lodge has 88 rooms ( 10 deluxe cottages, 48 standard cottages, 6 family houses each with two bedrooms and 18 standard rooms beneath the conference rooms). The cottages are lovely and I'd like the photos to speak for themselves. All the floor areas have Mazeras tiles and the luxurious bathrooms are fully supplied with fresh towels, shampoo / shower gel and soap. The Lodge has an onsite borehole but the Management advises against drinking that water and had placed small bottles of packaged water for the Tea/coffee making facility. The rooms were clean and conveniently located on each side of the Restaurant and Bar areas, overlooking the lake and with a view that was incredible !!! I heard that the rooms in the blocks are not bad as well. Our cottage was large and comfortable with good hot shower with the water heated up by Solar Panels. We complained to the Management that it gets pretty cold at night and the turndown service should include putting a hot water bottle inside the bed to ensure it was warm when we initially got in but we were informed that this is not done to prevent the rubber bottles bursting and so they provided us with extra blankets. All the rooms are equipped with Tea/coffee making facility, Mini fridge, TV with Zuku and DSTV*, Free WIFI, in-house telephone and a Digital safe. We noted that the mini fridge is not pre-stocked by the Management and has to be filled with your favorite cold beverages. This arrangement was quite useful to us as we had stocked up with reasonably priced spirits and mixtures from NAKUMATT supermarket and enjoyed these drinks on our private lakeside balcony, (with FREE ice from the Hotels Bar). Also there were no news channels* and this the Management has agreed to rectify immediately.
Food and Drinks
At breakfast, there was lots of variety to choose from the full English breakfast buffet to the Indian Masala Dhosa and stuffed Chapattis.
Before dinner, we relaxed by the shores ”enjoying the serenity and campfire and having our aperitifs under the starry skies in this romantic luxury lodge. The bar offers a wide range of wines, exotic cocktails, spirits and aperitifs which helped us unwind .Meals were served buffet style and there was a charcoal-grill and also a live pasta cooking station at night.
Conference and Recreation facilities
Sentrim Elementaita has 4 Meeting /conference rooms but we did not get to see them from inside as they were all booked for the weekend. I was informed that they are well equipped with projectors, pull down screens , inbuilt sound systems and WIFI internet connection.
The Hotel also has the following facilities:
• A fully equipped gym and a Beauty spa
• Swimming pool with Jacuzzi and a pool bar
Asante sana and Kwaheri ya ku onana - Thank you and Bye bye until we see you again !
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay of two nights, and daily we received warm, friendly, helpful and efficient service from the staff. They made our stay great and we look forward to visiting again with a larger group of friends. It is also a great place to visit with children : The grounds are well kept and safe for playing and for walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentrim Elementaita Lodge is the place for those seeking an exquisite getaway on the shores of flamingo and pelican fringed Lake Elementaita. The entirely new lodge is spread out in serene surroundings. The lodge consists of 84 furnished guest rooms equipped for your entertainment, convenience, comfort and security. Free & fast WIFI internet is also available. The rooms also have tea / coffee machines and mini fridge to serve you cold beverages. Meeting / conference rooms are also readily available and are well equipped with projectors, sound systems, WIFI internet connection among others. Guests can enjoy the following services: • A fully equipped gym • A pool bar • Children play corner • Games and entertainment room / pool table / darts • Steam bath • Gift shop • Ample parking • Curio shop • Beauty spa and massage services • Surcharged Nature walks, Maasai cultural talks • Picnic lunches / breakfast services offered on order • Private dinners • Surcharged Sundowners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sentrim Elementaita Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.