“LOVELY WEEKEND GETAWAY”

Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Great weekend get away with lovely customer service. Thanks to Mr. Chege and his team - Jemima, Mildred, Paul, Cecilia and the rest, they made us feel at home. The rooms are great and the scenery and atmosphere is also great. I will certainly go back.
The distance and location of the camp also makes it an ideal location. Its about 2 and half hours drive from Nairobi with the lovely scenes of the Great rift Valley along the way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George K

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very spacious rooms, quiet apart from the sound of hippos at night and waves from the lake. Everything went on well and service was excellent. I would definitely would recommend this place for a couple.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here for two days as part of a 7 day safari, before moving on to Maasai Mara reserve. They call them "tents", but only the top is actually tent material. Inside is very spacious, with a bathroom larger than a lot of bedrooms we have seen. The shower is big enough for several people with two shower heads, one regular and one rain head. Each has a small deck right outside the bedroom where you can sit and enjoy the scenery. The food is excellent, and bar pricing decent. The paths to the tents are well lit at night, and it is a slight uphill walk from the tents to the reception/dining area. There are plenty of birds around to take pictures of, especially in the morning hours.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent a weekend here with my angel. Nice getaway from the busy life in Nairobi. It's very peaceful and very quite. The camp overlooks Lake Elementaita, with several herbivores roaming around. Breakfast by the lake side was a first time experience for us. The rooms are large and spacious. I recommend this camp to anybody looking for a quick and quiet weekend getaway.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a weekend gateway with my wife for two nights in this camp and it was just amazing! the service is one of the best we have received in Kenya the facility and interior decor was lovely and very well thought about. The food was top of the class. The camp runs a WOW! factor from when u walk in with a Champaign check in and you fill out your chekin at the lounge and not at the desk (nice and easy). WOW! factor continues to your room to the dinning. Highly recommended for gateway.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms farthest from the reception. Nice and quite and close to the lake.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

During a trip to Kenya in February 2014, I stayed at three different hotels owned by Serena hotels. Before signing up for this trip, I performed my due diligence using TripAdvisor, as always. Of the three, I was most excited about this "camp" and it DID NOT disappoint. The place is exactly as represented by the pictures on the hotel web site. The staff was extremely friendly and professional, the food in the hotel was good, the location is within close proximity to boat safaris at Lake Navaisha and game drives at Lake Nakura, the spa was reasonably price and relaxing and the wifi was very reliable. The luxury bath in my "tent" had double sinks and a spacious walk-in shower with dual shower heads. The bed was beautiful with mosquito netting and extremely cozy with a down comforter for those chilly nights. Aside from the beautiful accommodations, what I most enjoyed was the turn-down service that included a hot water bottle under the sheets that kept me warm while enjoying the sound of wild life right outside my "tent". I was very sad to have to leave. I wish I could have stayed at this camp the entire trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank luv4Kauai
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went on a safari trip with my son . The cost was approximately $3000.00 each and was obtained from Lion World Travel. We had no idea what to expect as to lodging, toilet facilities or food. When we first got there and saw the facility we were amazed at how luxurious it felt. Our group had 16 people and each person had their own lodge. People who talk about safaris often use the word tent. The only way this lodging could be called a tent is because the walls and ceiling were canvas. It was large and spacious. We did not have to live out of our duffle bags as expected. The dresser had ample hanging and shelf space for both of us so we were able to unpack for our 2 night stay. The bathroom was nicer and larger than my master bathroom in my home condo. The shower was as large as a walk in closet and had 2 shower heads. There was normal toilet facility and plenty of hot water. We also had wifi capability. The common area for dining was beautiful with ample seating and overlooking a grassy area and the nearby lake. We got to see several variety of birds and monkeys while dining. The food was good as well as the selection. The service was very attentive and polite. We had a wonderful stay, and would like to have a similar experience here in the U.S. Forgot to mention the bedroom: 2 very comfortable beds surrounded by mosquito nets. Loved the experience!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Sentrim Elementaita Lodge
Sentrim Elementaita Lodge
#3 of 9 in Lake Elementaita
Sirville Lake Elementaita Lodge

Been to Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp? Share your experiences!