“Good lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Couldn’t get a table at the fast food pub just down the road so decided to visit the Gregory. We were not disappointed in fact it turned out to be a great move. The food was good service excellent staff friendly and we ended up having a good meal in very pleasant surroundings which were much quieter. The price was slightly more expensive but well worth it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018

The food was OK, but not exceptional. I was still hungry after the main course. Thought the prices were on the high side for what we got. Soft drinks were very expensive. Wouldn't eat there again. Bar area bit dark and dingy with glass cases featuring stuffed birds and fish - something the Victorians may have liked but not really today's tastes. Only ate here as someone local recommended it and it was our third choice (first was closed, second was full). It was an OK meal, but wouldn't recommend it to others if I'm honest.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Not too bad a place but put on a dingy table by an emergency exit so dark and gloomy. Food not brilliant but edible. We wouldn’t go back there.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Lovely pub on the main road.
Large car park.
Friendly service from the staff.
Really nice interior and a small outside area.
Good food.
A good place to stop on a journey.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

My partner and I had booked to see Sir Tom Jones at Belvoir Castle but alas due to ill health cancelled. We decided to go ahead as the room had been prebooked and paid for. On arriving at our hotel we enquired if there was anywhere local to eat. Receptionist pointed us in the direction of this pub so off we went. Menu looked exciting,cask beer and old pub settings. We ordered a drink and enquired about a table. This being a Rural public house the kitchen closed at 7 and the bar at 10. Booking a table for 6:30 we returned to our hotel and booked a taxi.
On our return we were met by very pleasant staff who showed us to our table,took our drinks order and gave us the menu and wine list. We goth ordered off a 7 something. Meals were £7.99. I had the gregory salad which consisted of chargrilled chicken,new potatoes,salad of course and topped with a poached egg smothered in hollandaise sauce and my partner opted for the mushroom strogonoff with jasmine rice.We ordered a bottle of Australian Chardonnay to accompany our meal.Both meals tasted amazing.I noticed another advisor mentioned their egg was hard.alas mine was cooked to perfection and the sauce homemade also. Chicken wasn't dry,potatoes tasted beautiful and the salad and dressing spot on. My partner commented on both the mushrooms and the sauce and the wine was most acceptable. We finished witha shared cheese board which came with crackers,grapes,slices of apple and celery. The two cheeses were tasty also.I believe they do rooms also but in my owm personal opinion this pub is worth a visit

2  Thank kevin5154