Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fantastic -- just like everyone says

Signed up for the class based on the reviews and it surpassed our expectations. Stella was an warm... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
Richard K
Santa Monica, California
Great all-ages experience!

Cooking class for three families with kids ages 8-18 plus parents. Absolutely loved it! Had... read more

Reviewed January 27, 2018
dck_333
Atlanta, Georgia

All reviews lamb potatoes all ages stella recipe greek oregano margaritas
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We took two cooking classes with Stella. They were tailor-made for the participants. The best part was being able to eat what we cooked. Most of the ingredients were fresh from Stella's garden. The dishes were simple to make but ever so tasteful. This is a must do with him staying at margarita Studio.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank laura b
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely warm hospitable cooking class with the host, Stella. Traditional Greek home cooking in the main kitchen. Really warm hospitality that made the whole afternoon a takeaway experience. Very engaging throughout and plenty of hands on. THANKYOU from Mark andJulie

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Protegic
Reviewed December 22, 2016

We came to Paros on our honeymoon in October and were worried a lot of places would be closed during off-season. We stumbled across this on TripAdvisor and e-mailed the owner, Stella, right away. She was very quick to respond and we were able to join her class two days after we arrived (though she had place the next day, we already had plans).

What a WONDERFUL evening we had cooking with Stella and one of her guests (Lorna, a student like us) in her kitchen! She is such a kind and patient woman - even with someone as useless as me in a kitchen hahahaha. She explains a lot while she prepares the meals and she does, I'd say, about 60% of the work herself and delegates the other 40% amongst her students. Some cooking classes might set you up with your own ingredients so you can follow along and prepare your own meal, but this was a bit different. It was mostly teamwork on a few major dishes, where we all pitched in a little to contribute to the dishes we'd all be sharing at the end of the class. I loved it, though! A few days later, she even e-mailed us the recipes so we didn't have to worry too much about taking notes and instead, we just listened attentively and really enjoyed the whole experience. Also, my husband really had the blues when we got home and cheered himself up by cooking up a few of Stella's recipes! It was like bringing Greece home with us :)

Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about this experience! It was just a wonderful activity while in Greece, very laid-back and casual, but fun and interesting (and TASTY!!) as well! It was a nice break from visiting restaurants and attractions. This was also a very nice establishment by the water and we later enjoyed the meal all together at the same table in this beautiful open dining space. My husband and I enjoyed where we stayed well enough, but had we known about Margarita's Studios, we would have preferred staying there!!

The *only* negative experience I had all night was when my ankle started itching and I took a look at it and saw these HUGE red welts!! It seems they have some pretty hungry black flies by the water and they were somehow all specifically attracted to my left leg... So maybe spray some bug spray on yourself before you head over ;) Clearly, that's not Stella's fault, but I figured I might mention it if it can spare some people from being bitten because OUCH those were a pain for about a good 4 days or so.

Thanks again, Stella, for the beautiful evening! Thanks to your class and Alex's kayaking tour from Sea Kayak in Paros, I think it was truly my favourite island to visit, even compared to Santorini! Hopefully, we'll be back one day :)

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank kellymbb88
Reviewed October 24, 2016

I did the course with 4 days of cooking which was the perfect amount of time to relax (lovely hotel) and also have fun learning something new about Paros and cooking.
Stella our teacher was the perfect host!
PS Be prepared to put on a few extra pounds or bring your running shoes!!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Lorna369
Reviewed October 9, 2016

Two of us took classes from Stella, head cook at Margarita's, for three afternoons, while staying at the Fyrogenis Palace Hotel next door. Stella showed us how to prepare the dishes we asked for and others besides. She made the classes lots of fun. We loved eating our own cooking afterward.

Date of experience: September 2016