“Good location, bad towels, okay stay”
Review of Zion Park Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Springdale
Zion Park Motel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The motel is conveniently located near the park and amenities. The rates were not outrageous. It is clean, but the walls, decoration and towels felt cheap. The towels left a lot of unwanted lint in my hair. They will lend you blow dryers but you need to return them right after use. The sheets had a big yellow stain on it. The person I'd spoken to over the phone was not too friendly but at the motel in person, the check-in was smooth and nice. Not sure if it was the same person, but the person over the phone almost made me not want to book the room.

Overall, I would stay here again because the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a family owned business that has been here for 40 or more years. Several rooms hsve been upgraded. Their prices are very fair and the owner managers friendly and customer service focused. Don't ask for a further discount, their rooms are already discounted compared to other lodging in town.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. Some have been recenty renovated, ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have stayed here several times. The staff is super helpful, rooms are decent, location and price can't be beat. Pool is clean and is up above everything. Nice little picnic area in the rear of the facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mplsJIm
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Clean, affordable and very spacious rooms. Great location and friendly front desk staff. This isn't a luxury resort but the prices reflect a very good value motel with good amenities, comfortable beds, a great little pool and an ASTOUNDING view from the property. Walking distance to restaurants etc and seconds from the Springdale shuttle stop into Zion. I have stayed at the nicer resorts near zion and asked myself why I wasted the money after staying here. It had everything we needed and the rooms were bigger!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sebi301220
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed in a family suit with my wife and baby and parents in-laws.
close to the buses and restaurants, 5 Min walk to supermarket(if you walk very slow!).
Had a nice balcony/deck outside our room, free parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aaberg
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our first time traveling to Zion National Park so I relied heavily on other reviewers to help us make a hotel selection that fit our budget. The bummer about traveling on a budget is that when you're a hotel snob, like me, you find it very difficult to get the quality you demand with the price you're willing to pay. I had resigned myself to staying in a "motel" and hating life, but hey, I wasn't going to be in my room much anyways, right? So I booked the place.

I'll just say the Zion Park Motel far exceeded my expectations!

When I booked (over the phone) the elderly lady who helped me was extremely warm and welcoming. Because we were booking the week AFTER Thanksgiving, the rooms were practically half the price, which was a pleasant surprise. We arrived to the hotel after the office closed (6pm - no 24 hour desk) but our room keys were taped to the front door and waiting. The lights and heaters were left on in our room for our arrival which gave a very welcoming feel. The rooms themselves were pretty standard motel rooms but much cleaner then I expected. (Minus the mold spots growing on the ceiling above the shower.) I had no problem letting my two year old run around the room (socks on, though).

The morning after we woke, I walked outside and gasped at how beautiful the view was. We had arrived when it was so I had no idea what a killer view we had. A little later, while taking pictures in the parking lot, the lady running the desk came outside and quickly offered to take our group pictures! How sweet is that?! This is a lovely family run place and you can feel it. Extremely close to the park entrance and near great places to eat. Our 2 night stay was very pleasant. I'd absolutely recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank dlyndd
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On a recent trip to Zion National Park, we stayed two nights in a family suite at Zion Park Motel. It was a perfect base camp for our troop of seven. We had plenty of space for relaxing and sleeping, and the full-service kitchen allowed us to prepare and eat our meals "at home". As others have noted, the motel is not new or fancy, but it is clean, comfortable, and homey. Of the six lodges at which we stayed during our trip I would likely choose this as my favorite. For families or groups looking for reasonably priced lodging near Zion, I highly recommend a family suite at Zion Park Motel.

Room Tip: I believe the motel has only two family suites so advance reservations would be a good idea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family