We really enjoyed our stay at the Pioneer Lodge. The location of the motel within Springdale is fantastic - it is super close to a nice variety of restaurants, shops/boutiques, and of course, Zion itself. This motel sold us because it was one of the better priced places with decent reviews here on TripAdvisor. I still think that 169.-/night is quite steep, but for Springdale, this was on the lower end. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous with lots of natural pine, rustic-style furniture. They were clean and had marble-top sinks. Our room in particular had two queen beds (there were 4 of us) and with all our luggage (two of us were traveling from Europe), it was a bit tight.
The hotel has a very clean and spacious pool/jacuzzi at the back of the parking lot, which we really utilized. The pool was open until 10 pm, and you could go at whatever time you liked in the morning. The scenery was great as you could look up in all 360 degrees and see great views of the park/rock formations. This pool was a real treat at the end of a day of hiking in hot temperatures in the park.
In the lobby, they have a nice cafe where you can buy fancy espressos, cappuccinos, and coffees. No breakfast is included in the hotel. Upon check-out, they gave us a surprise goody bag to go...small snacks and water included.
Wifi internet was a bit tricky to use. Often the networks wouldn't work, and we had to call the front desk for help. Also, our room cards both didn't work at different times, so we had to get replacements. This is the only reason I am giving the motel a 4/5.
All in all, this was the best hotel we stayed in during our week long trip to Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon. The pool was a huge plus as was the clean room and ideal location of the motel. Springdale is a very pleasant town, with plenty of eating options and boutiques. Would definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Pioneer Lodge and Restaurant is centrally located in downtown Springdale near the entrance of Zion National Park. We have 40 beautifully appointed rooms in rustic western decor. There is a jacuzzi suite, a one bedroom apartment and a 3 bedroom apartment. On location we have a full service restaurant, open 7 days a week serving excellent quality meals, an Internet Cafe/Espresso Bar and gift shoppe. There is a outdoor pool and jacuzzi. We have guest laundry facilities. Our property has been totally renovated in 2006. We pride ourself in excellent customer service with a relaxing home away from home attitude. We have a 4 diamond rating with AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Historic Pioneer Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Historic Pioneer Lodge Springdale, Utah