“The bed bugs bite!!!”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Salt Lake City
“The bed bugs bite!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 107. I was bitten by bed bugs and am lucky to be having an extreme allergic reaction. Now at least I can lessen the risk of infecting my own home with them.
When I mentioned to the staff that I was bit, they acted like the had never had bed bug complaints (not true- there are several other reviews online) and not only that but they were replacing all the bedding with brand new bedding (that tells me they knew they had a problem).
I actually found 2 of the creatures in my bed so it is a 100% confirmation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Pioneer is located right in the heart of Springdale however to far to walk to the park. Right next to numerous restaurants, laundry, ice cream shop, pizza/noodle place, retail stores, art gallery, grocery store. They even have a decent breakfast place that will give you 50% off if stayiing at the hotel. I did not use the pool and hottub so can't really say anything about it. The one thing was the internet connection sucked. I got a connection about 50% of the time and was no rhyme or reason why i could not get on given the fact that they have like 5 different networks based on what my laptop kept pulling up. Good comfy beds, nice showers, bathroom area so cant complain but always do a bit of work when I'm out of town and like to have an internet connection. I guess I just don't understand why in 2014 some place has bad internet.

Great location and great price otherwise and would recommend this place as a budget friendly hotel for travelers. I stayed in the 223 which is on the north side of the hotel that points to the south so not much of a view however my buddies stayed in 201 which faces north/northeast and had stunning views.

I guess the view does not matter though as I am typically out the door in the park canyoneering by 7 and not usually back in the room till after its dark.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank edsbay
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The room was ADVERTISED as a canyon view, spacious room. Not a very good view from room but where the lodge was situated, it was nice. The room was quaint, carpet needed help. Wi fi would not work. The place was within walking distance of shops and restaurants and close to the park. Staff was friendly and check in went smoothly. There were children next door and you could hear right through the walls........Turned the tv up to overcome the loudness. It was an ok place, a little steep on the price for what you get though.

Room Tip: There were a lot of other hotels near by that I think I would have checked out if I would have known
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynnie35
MICH
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked a room using a 3rd party vendor ( credit card points) and checked in on a Sunday Night at 5 pm. RSVP and check-in were smooth. Our room, #6, " next to the picnic table", was an oversized closet.

The picnic table was mainly for use by employees taking their break as there was no view except the back of the staircase and plenty of ashtrays and a well used gas grill.

That being said, it was a nice oversized closet. Comfy bed and clean, hot shower. 50% off breakfast was appreciated, food and restaurants in general are rather pricey throughout the whole town.

Parking spots are at a premium, I counted more rooms than parking spots.

Room Tip: don't settle for # 6
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We arrived late at about 8:30 and the front desk was already closed. They had left a note on the door with our name and room keys, so we could check ourselves in. The room was comfortable, spacious, and included a small kitchen and nice little desk area. Our only complaint was that the wifi was unreliable. This may not be important to a lot of the visitors coming to Zion, but for us, it was our last chance to sync up before several days of camping in the park. My husband was able to turn on a hotspot with his phone and used that for wifi instead. The location of the hotel is excellent and given the prices for hotels in Springdale, we thought it was a good value.

Duluth, MN
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Good experience. Staff friendly and helpful. Room comfortable and clean. Loads of towels. Rugs need replacement. Parking spaces too narrow. Attached restaurant very basic, offers 50% off menu price for guests. Close to Zion. Given the comparative price it's a good deal.

Room Tip: Lower level convenient to car.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I drove up to Zion on Thursday. Had a Top Down trip scheduled with gear rentals and shuttles reserved. I got a late lunch at the hotel restaurant and hit bed early for my big hike.

I woke up at 10pm throwing up. I continued with stomach issues until 3am. Dehydrated and weak I was not able to make my hike.

I went down in the morning and informed the manager of my issues and that because of the hotel food I had to cancel my entire trip and felt I should head home. He said that because the room was booked through Priceline he couldn't do anything about it. He told me to call priceline. I called Priceline who called him and asked for a refund and he refused.

I lost the money on the hotel, gear rental, and shuttle because of the Pioneer Lodge restaurant.

I made the 8 hour drive home pulling over 7 times on the interstate to throw up. 36 hours later I'm finally able to hold food down.

Hotel was nice. Management is terrible. Why a manager would not refund a night that wasn't used because of food poisoning from their hotel is way beyond me.

Will not return.