We stayed in the one bedroom suite at the beginning of March for four nights. We chose this room at the Pioneer lodge because of the basic kitchen the suite had, and also the reasonable nightly rate. The particular room we had was located above the lobby nearest to Zion Park Blvd. The room had views from the windows in three directions, and the semi private balcony wrapped around from the entrance side to the street side. From the balcony you could see up and down the sidewalk/street in both directions, north and south. If you wanted to enjoy the evening or people watch, there were some simple tables and chairs set up outside. Internally, this particular suite had a separate bedroom from the kitchen/dining/living room area. The living room area was nearest to the rooms entrance. The living room included a couch, loveseat, and a TV unit. The dining area had a table and four chairs. The kitchen had a full size fridge and stove, as well as all necessary cookware and tableware. There was also a dishwasher and a full sized sink. From the kitchen, there was the entrance to the first of two bathrooms in the unit. This bathroom was equipped with a tub/shower combination and a large sink/vanity. The other bathroom in the unit was located off the bedroom portion. This room had a corner shower, and is the bathroom we used during our stay. The bedroom was equipped with two very comfortable queen beds. There was also a TV located in this room, as well as a work/computer station/desk. The decor of the room was what appeared as remodelled within the last five to ten years, and was furnished with good taste in my opinion. TV had a very good selection of channels. Internet was intermittent at times, but adequate. Noise from neighbors was minimal. The property had a pool that we did not use, and I believe there was guest laundry. The restaurant on property was sorry to say only average, but you received a healthy discount being a guest of the lodge. The two young ladys working at rewception were very nice and accomodating, and I give them high marks for professional courtesy. Also in the lobby/reception was a small internet cafe/beverage bar. As a hotel guest, we were extended complimentary coffee, which my wife took full advantage of. The only issues we had during our stay was the small and tight parking area, and the vehicle noise from the street, as we were so close to it(but you would have heard vehicle noise from any part of the property anyways.) Overall a good stay, and I would consider staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Pioneer Lodge and Restaurant is centrally located in downtown Springdale near the entrance of Zion National Park. We have 40 beautifully appointed rooms in rustic western decor. There is a jacuzzi suite, a one bedroom apartment and a 3 bedroom apartment. On location we have a full service restaurant, open 7 days a week serving excellent quality meals, an Internet Cafe/Espresso Bar and gift shoppe. There is a outdoor pool and jacuzzi. We have guest laundry facilities. Our property has been totally renovated in 2006. We pride ourself in excellent customer service with a relaxing home away from home attitude. We have a 4 diamond rating with AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Historic Pioneer Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Historic Pioneer Lodge Springdale, Utah