“Very nice stay and in close proximity to the park”
Review of Flanigan's Inn

Flanigan's Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice stay and in close proximity to the park”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at Flanigans for two nights while visiting Zion. Very nice and pleasant stay.Overall I would recommend this stay, rooms are large, clean and spacious, staff was friendly.
We were hosted in a large and comfortable room on the ground floor. The hotel is very conveniently located and allows visiting the Zion National Park with ease.
There is a restaurant next by which servers very good food: Spotted Dog Cafe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Frankfurt
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Considering the price you might expect it to be a little bit more fancy, however, it actually is quite 'rustic'. It's true, the furniture is worn, the carpets could use some serious cleaning work and the water pressure is average. WiFi is quite spotty, however I didn't bother much about it as I was out hiking in Zion National Park all day. But they could do better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Missoula
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here over spring break (April, 2013) for three nights. For the price of $279/night & taxes, for the two bedroom/one bath "Gary Adams Suite," we were very disappointed by the quality, and lack of upkeep of the unclean and outdated "luxurious" accommodations. The furniture (dressers, entertainment center) were low quality and outdated; the shag carpeting was worn (clean?), and the TVs were the tube type (not the large screen TV their website boasts). The caulking around the toilet and bathtub is in need of attention. The water pressure was weak and we ran out of hot water. The windows were obviously dirty.

The "kitchenette" was a small alcove with a bar sink, one cup coffee maker and a 1/2 fridge. It included 4 coffee cups, a few wine glasses, coffee making ingredients, dish soap and a dish towel. Some type of cleaning tool, eating utensils, and perhaps a wine bottle opener to go with the wine glasses.

The grounds also need some attention: at the very least - grass needs to be mowed, and weeds pulled. Some flowers would be a nice touch. According to the front desk, the pool was not heated. However, according to the manager who called me after our stay, the pool was heated to 80 degrees as required by law. Our kids (who braved it), thought it was pretty cold and unkept. On the 3rd day of our planned 4 day stay, a grounds keeper started tidying up the area. One would assume that would have been done prior to our stay and spring break. We decided to leave a day early.

The Internet service was inadequate (time to upgrade to a faster service).

Overall, the suite is in dire need of deep cleaning and renovation.

On the good side, the beds were comfortable and it was quiet. We had a great but pricey meal at Spotted Dog. James (the host) was very friendly and personable.

I expressed our disappointment upon checkout. The clerk asked why we did not talk to them prior to checking out (after 3 days stay). I told him that we could not imagine how they could have remedied the situation as it would have taken a cleaning, renovation and grounds crew to take care of the problems. The owner/manager(?) called me to discuss the "issues." After I reiterated our disappointments in detail, she politely and graciously thanked me for calling and assured me that she considers all feedback seriously, and offered to give us a couple of nights for free if we decide to return. I would have felt a lot better if she had comped us one night. Honestly, if I was to return to Zion National Park, I would make reservations at the Desert Pearl Inn down the street. The night we arrived, we walked through town to scout out other options and discovered the Desert Pearl. The receptionist offered to let us view a room. That is what I would call luxurious amenities! We would not stay at Flanigans again.

Room Tip: There was no fitness room - I couldn't delete it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PattyinMT
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This review has nothing to do with my stay and everything to do with the billing error and how it was handled by the management.
For the three nights I was there, I enjoyed privacy, not too much exterior noise, comfortable beds and blankets, plenty of hot water, clean accommodations, only network and two HBO stations, minimal wifi connection-at least for me, slightly outdated…I stayed in room 205. I also ate at the Spotted Dog Café where I spent $20 on a bowl of spaghetti and a bottle of water, plus tip. I was NOT impressed!
As for after the fact…After I returned home, I checked my account to find two separate charges; one for $223 and the other for $368. Neither were the $ amount I had been told originally ($312), so I called Flanigan’s and spoke with a gentleman. I explained the rates quoted were $99-Friday, $99-Saturday, and $79-Sunday. He asked why would I be charged out-of-season rates? I replied that I didn’t know. He sighed heavily and said, “Fine, I will give you the credit of $50 plus taxes.” I began to speak again when he talked over me preventing me from continuing. I asked if he was going to let me speak. I then mentioned the $223 charge. He said it was an error that had been credited. I said it was still showing on my account. He said it will take the card company a week to credit back just as it will take a week for me to see the $50 credit. I asked if I could speak with the manager or if he was that manager only to find out that he’s the manager. That’s when I said that I had a wonderful time at Flanigan’s, the staff was very nice and accommodating and I had hoped to make that my go-to place on future trips, but then I call about this situation and get his “tone”. He said he was sorry if I didn’t like his “tone” and he was giving me the $50 credit that I asked for. I said, “I tell you what, I keep everything. Let me go home and find the paperwork that shows the prices I was originally quoted, then I’ll scan/email them to the info@flanigans.com so that you can see I am not trying to cheat you out of $50.” He said that was not necessary. I disagreed. I explained that even though I enjoyed my stay, I will be staying somewhere else on my next trip and that I was sorry, but I could not give him a good review.
A few minutes after that, I found the original email from Flanigan’s and forwarded to the manager with the correct prices given totaling $312.
It has been almost a week. I had hoped he would contact me either via phone or email to try and reconcile, but I haven’t heard anything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ZionCanyonFlanigan, General Manager at Flanigan's Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I extend my sincere apologies on behalf of our reception manager. Thank you for informing us of this inexcusable incident. We are embarrassed that someone from our staff would have so disappointing represented our standards. It was inexcusable for him to speak to you in an impatient way as you were concerned about your bill .
We value you as one of our customers and hope you will accept our apology.

Papaikou, Hawaii
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was thru here in February with my grankids,stayed here an really enjoyed surrounding.Close to Zion an good restaurants. Come to Zion a couple of times a year.First time at this Hotel. Will come back.
Hiking nearby,they also have a restaurant,but it was closed when we where there(off season)Staff very friendly,WIFI in rooms etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mkualoa
Rocklin, CA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for his 40th birthday and it was superb! Great location, comfortable rooms and the best nights sleep we have had in years. I can't wait to go back to Flanigans! Oh and there restaurant is amazing!!! The perfect getaway.

• Stayed April 2012
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at Flanigan's in August 2012 and found it very comfortable, clean and well appointed. The labrynth was fun to walk through and take in the views. Great location for seeing Zion with a bus stop across the street. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and enjoyed the cafe table and chairs outside the door for relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family