“good place to stay”
Review of Flanigan's Inn

Flanigan's Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The room was very quiet and decorated and the bed very comfortable...When we arrived at the Inn we had a very pleasant greeting. The staff was really helpful every time when we had questions. Definitely we will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at Flanigan's twice before and loved it. We were looking for something special over Thanksgiving weekend, so splurged on the Michael Plyer Room with the fireplace. It boasted a "covered porch next to a koi pond and tiny stream". This is not true -- in fact, I'd say this room has the worst view of the entire property. You cannot even see the pond -- all you can see is a parking lot and the back of the main building-- the "servants' entrance".
You can see the pond out the side picture window, but the main sidewalk is between you and it, so forget about ever opening your curtains. Also, you can't open the windows to let in any fresh air. It was really very dissapointing. I would have changed to a regular upper deck room (with a view) but the place was full.

The other thing that really bugged me (and cost them a star)...
The restaurant was not open for breakfast. This wouldn't have been so bad if anyone told us. A big sign out front says OPEN at 7:00AM. We stood out there with 2 other families for 20 minutes in the freezing cold. Finally I walked over to reception and was "cheerfully" told they closed down 3 weeks ago! Drove up to Cafe Soleil and they were also closed for the holiday (but with a big sign in the window), and finally after looking everywhere found Oscar's (WONDERFUL place! Best Huevos Rancheros I've ever had -- and I'm from NM).
When I checked in the night before, the woman at reception wanted to tell me every detail; pool hours, where to get hot tub towels, all about the park, trying to get me to make Thanksgiving dinner reservations...
But really, she couldn't mention there is no breakfast?
They couldn't put a note on the restaurant door?

3 stars could be harsh, but they cost me my early morning hiking hours and wasted my precious vacation time.

Room Tip: don't bother splurging for the Michael Plyer Room unless you really want the fireplace. Worst v...
2  Thank chavalaSantaFe
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed four nights at Flanigan's the week of Thanksgiving. I selected the property based upon other TA reviews and I would recommend the property to others. Our room was nice and we really liked the balcony. Also, (and fellow hikers will appreciate this), the hotel has great water pressure and a great shower. There is nothing like a long relaxing shower after several hours of hiking.

We didn't take advantage of anything outside of our room and the free wi-fi, but the hotel does offer a larger selection of DVDs that are free to borrow plus a hot-tube for soaking sore muscles.

Our couple of interactions with the front desk staff revealed a very friendly group that were very helpful with our couple of questions.

Room Tip: We had room 208 which is on the back of the property, but the balcony has a nice few. Somewhat obst...
Reviewed November 20, 2012

As soon as we arrived at the Inn we had a very pleasant greeting from the hostess Stephanie. Her customer service was exceptional throughout our visit at the Inn. Our room was a king suite with a very very soft bed which was like sleeping on a big fluffy cloud. (If you like that kind?) I was kind of surprised about the old 'box style' TV with how new everything else seemed to be. The view from the room was a very well manicured garden with the beautiful red rocks rising above in the background. If you plan on ordering a massage at their spa, make sure you request Ellen. Amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at Flanigan's at the beginning of November (carefully timed so as to be at the park after the shuttle busses stop running). This was the 4th or 5th time I've stayed at Flanigan's . . . which says it all. It's a clean, comfortable, beautifully landscaped place that feels like its own little compound, even though you're on the main road and very close to the entrance to the park. You just feel at home there. My only disappointment was that the buffet breakfast had ended for the season, even though Flanigan's had told me when I made the reservation in June that it would still be running then. All in all, we love Flanigan's!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

First time to Zion and Springdale, Booked the room over the phone based on other good reviews. These people are very nice and as accomadating as can be. Parking is very close to most of the rooms. We had a 2 room suite for 1 night and a 1 room suite for 2 nights. It was a busy weekend in October and that's the only way they could fit us in. They moved all of our belongings while we were out - very nice. I would advise getting a suite, lot's of room. These are not ultra modern rooms but are more then charming and confortable. We also utilized the heated pool and spa. My wife had a message and rated it very good and a good value for $85. We ate in the attached restaurant, "The Spotted Dog" 2 out of our 3 nights, good service and food. The tram stop is across the street to the park and right in front on the way back from the park. It's probable a 1/4 of a mile or so to the park entrance. Next door is Zion Adventure Company; we took their "Jeep" tour had really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: You need to call as there website not very good. Get a suite. 304 is a double suite and is huge...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were impressed upon walking into the room. Newly redecorated, the rooms had a modern decor and was very comfortable. Each room had a private deck for taking in the scenery. The common areas were well kept and clean. Even with being located on the main road, our room was very quiet and peaceful.

The Inn is a short drive or shuttle bus ride to the entrance to the park.

Very happy with the 3 days we spent there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family