“Great Vacation Stay”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Vacation Stay”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is very well located just outside Zion Natl Park, in Springdale, UT. Every staff person we encountered was attentive, pleasant, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The room was large and accommodating with very pleasant views to a beautiful pool and to the canyon walls. They also have rooms on the river that are even better.

Room Tip: COnsider the river side rooms if you want quiet solitude.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here on our trip to Zion. We didn't want to leave. Our room was beautiful with a great view along the river. We loved our morning coffee and evening wine on our patio. The staff was tremendous and kudos on a job well done. Our stay here was truly a highlight of our trip. The town was in walking distance and the shuttle right out the front door was an added bonus. Nice little gift shop and cafe too. Don't miss this one.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The property was beautiful, however, the staff was less than friendly with my children. I have 4 kids that I brought with me for a relaxing weekend. We were told to be quiet while in the pool during the middle of the day. I called the office and they were very rude and impolite with me. The room was lovely but I don't think I will ever return due to the fact that I was looked down upon for bringing "so many children". My kids were not ill behaved. They were simply giggling and squealing in the pool... they were so excited! I was so disappointed with the Desert Pearl. Do not select this motel if you would like to share it with your children!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Carrie T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

At the last minute we changed our plans and decided to spend extra time in Zion. I wanted to get hiking as early as possible. Lodging within Zion was our first option but when I learned it was nearly $200 with no microwave or fridge and limited dining options, Springdale became our 2nd choice.

All the hotels were very expensive. Difference between a basic budget and 5 start was worth it (plus knew I was splitting bill). the woman who answered when I called to reserve a room convinced me I'd made the right choice. She was friendly and helpful. We were not disappointed.

EVERYTHING was perfect and worth every penny. I can't afford to do this often and I'm delighted that when I did I made the right choice. Even the restaurants recommended were right on the money. We liked the first one so much we went there again the next evening.

The hotel is walking distance to Zion by the way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Galena, Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I don't think there is enough space on Trip Advisor for me to say all the wonderful things I am thinking about this place. It was beyond perfect! Zion NP is amazing and this hotel sits just outside the park in the most perfect location. I splurged and rented the King Suite and it was the coolest room ever. The bathrooms were ginormous and gorgeous - my kids were all over the 2 shower heads in the giant shower in the master bath. They slept on the nicest fold out couch bed ever - thick mattress. The kitchen area was awesome - with a nice supply dishes, glassware and utensils. But by far the best thing was the way the room opened up to an outdoor patio that sits on the Virgin River. This has to be the most relaxing spot ever designed at a hotel. there are big comfy chairs on the patio so you can enjoy an amazing view of Zion. The front desk staff and gift shop girls were the icing on the cake - they were delightful. I will be back to this exact spot, this exact room, again and again - but I will stay longer next time! Love, love, love the Desert Pearl Inn!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the suite - you will feel like a rock star!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna R
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was our second time back at the Desert Pearl. The property is still spectacular, the staff is still just a nice and caring, the cleaning service was wonderful, always came back from a busy day to a clean, organized room, but the relaxation element was lost in our room, due to noise. Last year we had a first floor unit (we like the serene private stone terraces overlooking the river, not to mention, not having to hauling our luggage up the stairs). This year we requested a first floor unit again, we were given room #511. It's a beautiful room as are all of them... but this year, the room above us must have been housing a small herd of pachyderms so annoying, listening to them banging around up there starting at 6 in the morning. And, to make matters worse, this particular room happens to be an end unit right under the stairs, that attaches to the wooden balcony everyone uses to enter their rooms. The tremors in our room, caused by HALF OF EVERYONE in that building going up and down, up and down, up and down... was just nuts!!! I'm not a complainer, I'm sure they would have moved us if I did... and because we were up and out of the room by 8 or 9 every morning, we dealt with it. In all honesty... this room should be rented at a discounted rate, I'm not sure, but I think less tolerent traveler would have been irate. Had we not had this room... I would have given it a perfect rating.

Room Tip: River rooms are very tranquil and just beautiful... beware of first floor units under the stairs!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

During our trip to Zion, my husband and I stayed at many hotels and campsites. We decided to stay at the Desert Pearl because we'd just finished a multi-day backcountry hiking trip and wanted a few nights out of the rain. The Desert Pearl was the best place we stayed (we also stayed at the Best Western and Cliffrose) and it was the same price as the Best Western even with our AAA discount.

The rooms are really beautiful and well-stocked- very clean, comfortable beds, nice porch overlooking the pool/canyons or river, and quiet (even though a family with children was staying right next door- we never heard them). The best part of the room for us was the dishwasher, fridge, clean utensils, etc. that allowed us to cook / eat in the room and wash our dirty camping dishes. The rooms are large with a pullout couch, which I imagine is ideal for families with small kids.

The Inn also has a washer/dryer on the property, which was great for us. The pool and jacuzzi are the best in town. Even when it was raining, we were in the hot tub trying to mend our sore feet. Reception is open 24 hours, unlike many of the area hotels, which made it easy to check out early to catch a flight. Reception also offers a big list of movie rentals free of charge for rainy days. Lastly, the Inn is well located in the middle of the main street. Free shuttles pick you up right outside and you are within walking distance of dozens of restaurants.

The only drawbacks about the beautiful Southwestern Inn are that the rooms do not come with breakfast (although you get 10% off at a coffee shop before noon) and that there isn't a restaurant on site, so no room service. Although, you are literally 100 yards away from a restaurant.

Room Tip: Pick something on the second (top) floor for better views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area
Zion Lodge
Zion Lodge
#1 of 2 in Zion National Park

Been to Desert Pearl Inn? Share your experiences!