Spent a week at the Desert Pearl the first week of Sep for its location so near Zion NP and as jumping off point up thru the East Gate of Zion toward Kanab and East to Page, AZ where we rafted down the Colorado River w/ Colorado River Discovery...not to mention traveled south from Kanab to the Grand Canyon North Rim. The Pearl is everything earlier reviews mentioned - browsed TripAdvisor for several similar Springdale places and liked what we read and saw thru photos. Easy walk down the sidewalks to many of the shops and restaurants...great amenities, beds were soft, pillows better, Internet connection worked well, staff great and the view out our backdoor and balcony overlooking the River was peaceful early in the mornings and welcoming after we trekked back after a long day. The Zion cliffs in the backdrop were great - and watching the night sky from our balcony was very cool...especially well before the sun rose and no one was stirring. Loved watching several families 'tube' down the river - and enjoyed an early morning breakfast on the picnic tables at river's edge. The decor is very Ikea - nice, clean, and high ceilings on the 2nd deck. Beware the top floor though for older travelers who may not have quite as much energy at the end of the day to hike up those short 2 flights. Don't forget to explore Grafton (Google it) - on way out of Springdale toward St. George - first little town after Springdale - look for small sign - take left - follow the dirt road a few miles - early Mormon settlement and added bonus where Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid filmed some scenes...church, house, and barn where 'raindrops kept falling on your head' scenes were shot. Glad we found the Pearl and great base to stage your exploring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique motel on the river's edge just 3/4 mi. from the entrance to Zion National Park. All artfully appointed rooms & suites are nonsmoking with numerous upscale amenities and excellent views of Zion's majestic cliffs from every private terrace or balcony. Our large outdoor swimming pool and hot tub will soothe away sore muscles after a day of hiking. There is free WiFi throughout the property, as well as. a centrally located guest laundry. A shuttle stop is conveniently located at the front of the inn adjacent to our on-site restaurant 9 east serving lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Desert Pearl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Pearl Hotel Springdale
- Desert Pearl Motel
- Desert Pearl Inn Springdale, Utah