What a wonderful find! This was our second trip to Springdale and Zion. The last time we stayed at two highly rated properties, which were ok, but we were looking for something a little "special" this time. Boy, did we find it! This property is so unassuming from the road that at first I was thought I had made a mistake. I'm glad I was wrong.
The grounds are truly beautiful. Just like all of the hotels in Springdale, this one has great views, but the gardens set this property apart. In addition to having your own balcony or patio, there are several tucked away places to relax in the morning, afternoon, or evening. We especially enjoyed our evenings sitting down at the beach listening to and watching the Virgin River. Deer would come down to drink at dusk. There are 3 fire pits on the property which guests can use to build their own fires. One is down on the beach. It's like camping, but with a nice, comfy bed to return to. That's my kind of camping!
As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are hotel/motels style so nothing fancy there, but they are clean and comfortable. The large flat screened tv was an added bonus. Also, our room, 22, was very quiet. I always worry when someone is above us, but we only heard our neighbors when we were sitting on our patio and they opened their balcony door. The room had a coffee maker but the free coffee in the lobby was so good. Much better than you can get from any of those in-room machines. No included breakfast but the breakfast buffet at the Spotted Dog just down the road is the best deal in town. We tried it the first morning and went there every day.
But here is the thing that really made us we realize we had made the right choice. After hiking all day in Zion, we would walk the short path along the river back to the Cliffrose. As soon as we hit the property line, we would all let out a relaxing sigh. It was like we had found our own oasis in the desert. Peaceful and relaxing. Wish I was still there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens offers an epic location to experience everything Zion National Park has to offer. Our property literally borders Zion National Park along the Virgin River. Resort amenities include a heated outdoor pool, waterfall hot tub, riverside hot tubs, riverside beach, event space, and 5 acres of manicured grounds. All of our rooms, suites, and villas feature luxurious modern amenities. Outside you will find private outdoor balconies or patios. The Cliffrose is an ideal hotel for couples, families, friends, and solo trips. Just like Zion National Park we are also open all year. More than just a place to spend the night you can unpack once and have an experience of a lifetime. During your stay our friendly and attentive staff are always there to make your experience memorable. Remember that parking, coffee & tea, high speed wireless internet, and 24 hour business center access are complimentary. We do not charge resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens Hotel Springdale
- Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens
- Cliffrose Hotel Springdale
- Cliffrose Hotel And Gardens
- Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens Springdale, Utah