Beautiful view and grounds, although we stayed too late in the season (mid-November) to take advantage of them. Large room with two queen beds (softer than I’m accustomed to but comfortable), good control of the room temperature, good plumbing, coffee pot, hair dryer. Large flatscreen TV hooked to DirectTV – networks are all in 4:3 SD so you may need to adjust the aspect ratio to your liking. Bathroom sink in view of beds, so difficult not to disturb companion, but shower and toilet are private.
Free coffee in the lobby (and the rooms) and a convenient coffee shop, Cafe Soleil, next door (with many “to go” breakfast choices). There are only two places to smoke, at the outside fire pits, and the closest was a few hundred feet from our room. My wife almost got trampled by a deer on one of her evening smoking forays.
Since I do most of my travel on business, I always rate the internet connections. However, I doubt much business is done from this lovely location. But here goes. The free wireless connection was straightforward the first night, although some of our devices (laptop, iPad, iPod, and iPhone all worked) had to be logged in again with name/password after awakening from a sleep. It was very difficult to get a connection the next day, which we finally decided was a network problem when none of our devices would connect. It recovered later in the afternoon. Speed varied, sometimes grinding to a complete halt. My speed test gave 150 ms ping lag, 0.76 Mbps download, and then couldn’t complete the upload test (lost the connection during the test). Ten minutes later I got 322ms, 0.26 up and 0.02 down. Then 394 ms, 0.393 down and 0.236 up. Lost connection completely in the afternoon (for entire lodge); front desk apologized and connection was back in the evening.
Both persons at the front desk were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens offers an epic location to experience everything Zion National Park has to offer. Our property literally borders Zion National Park along the Virgin River. Resort amenities include a heated outdoor pool, waterfall hot tub, riverside hot tubs, riverside beach, event space, and 5 acres of manicured grounds. All of our rooms, suites, and villas feature luxurious modern amenities. Outside you will find private outdoor balconies or patios. The Cliffrose is an ideal hotel for couples, families, friends, and solo trips. Just like Zion National Park we are also open all year. More than just a place to spend the night you can unpack once and have an experience of a lifetime. During your stay our friendly and attentive staff are always there to make your experience memorable. Remember that parking, coffee & tea, high speed wireless internet, and 24 hour business center access are complimentary. We do not charge resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens Hotel Springdale
- Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens
- Cliffrose Hotel Springdale
- Cliffrose Hotel And Gardens
- Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens Springdale, Utah