“Will Stay at the Driftwood Again”
Review of Driftwood Lodge

Driftwood Lodge
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I decided to go to Zion on a whim a few days before Saturday. For whatever reason almost all the hotels were booked full on Saturday night. The Driftwood had an opening so I took it. The staff at the front desk was absolutely as kind as could be upon check-in. My room was freshly remodeled and was pretty much perfect. Spotless clean, very roomy, fridge, microwave, and a nice flat screen. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever slept in! Another nice touch was the hot tub. It felt amazing after a fast hike up and down Observation point.

Room Tip: I stayed in "The Narrows" building. Very nice and private.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Driftwood Lodge

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for two nights on our trip around the national parks. This was our first stop after a weekend in Vegas and it was a complete culture change, the scenery was wonderful and so peaceful. The hotel was very welcoming and the rustic country feel was brilliant. Minutes from local shops and restaurants it is in a perfect setting. The surroundings of the hotel are lovely, horses and other wildlife. The pool is very inviting. The rooms are clean and cool, tea and coffee available in the rooms and the balcony's (some rooms only) are perfect to relax and enjoy life!
As an excursion, the obvious is the Zion park which is outstanding. We also opted for a big jeep tour with a local company that turned out to be a highlight. We were taken to a ghost town and shown all around, given the history of life in the town hundreds of years ago and we drove up to an extremely high plateau where some amazing photo opportunities awaited us. The tour company is located further in town on the right, they also do kayaks, canyoning and hikes if you're interested.
I would recommend this town and this lodge as an excellent stopping point for a holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank rachel w
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We normally camp in Zion, but when we want a hotel ... this is the place we stay. The room rates are reasonable and the views are spectacular! The customer service is also top notch! They have a restaurant at the hotel, but we have never tried it. The Watchman building is our favorite or stay in or the new building. They have a small, but nice pool with a hot tub.

Room Tip: The Watchman building or the new building are good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived late and loved it immediately. Parked at front door, and loved the very spacious room (see comments below). Woke to a beautiful view out of the front and back doors! This is one of the few pet friendly hotels at the Zion NP gate.

We traveled off season which meant no restaurant, no hot tub (albeit outdoor), and no hot water in the guest laundry room. The upside, fewer guests and more intimate experience. Most restaurants, shops and galleries are within walking distance. The main Zion NP entrance is a couple of miles away and very easy to get to. Rangers are great.

Off season rate was more than reasonable! Would definitely stay again! May even go out of our way to stay again!

Room Tip: I'm willing to bet there are no bad rooms, however, all rooms (it seems) have front and back doo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The newer construction units were beautiful and nicely done, just not well kept.The views and dear out the patio were spectacular.

The lady at the front upon checking in was a bit rude and we were greeting with a why are you here. Very cold and unwelcoming.

Our visit was for 4 days and 3 nites during Thanksgiving so we inquired about food and our options during our stay, she didn't have a clue and said that the resturaunt on the property was probably full. Again did not seem to know or willing to find out.

Before booking this hotel I inquired about noise from the unit that would be above us, and was assured there would not be a problem since it was new construction. DON'T be fooled! It was very noisy our last 2 nites when the upper unit was booked.

The first day the toilet paper was not refilled and had to wait til 8am to get some from the desk since there is no one there from 9pm -8am! This was not communicated at check in.

The second nite the sheets were not changed ( we returned to our room after dark) so I went to get a clean pair from the front desk, they did not fit. Went back to try again, still gave us a queen set for a King bed.
While stripping the bed I found mouse dropping on the mattress cover!!! OMG.
I phoned the lady at the front because the sheets still did not fit ( why am I having to change my sheets anyway at 8pm at nite) and to let her know of my findings.

She seemed unconcerned so I phoned the owner and explained our horrific experience. He phoned the manager and she would see us in the am before we leave. ( remember she does not show up before 8am) we were heading our at 6a to get back to SD.
We were not charged for the one nite-

The owner seems to be distant and the 2 ladies basically do what they want.

The bathroom walls have body fluids all over them in many areas of the wall.

The beds is where they went cheap, not comfortable for being new.

In my opinion without hospitality or a caring demeanor you have nothing or anyone to watch the place in case of emergency of toilet paper.

Will we recommend or stay there again? NO

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Suzy41
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very charming place with big rooms and nice amenities. The staff was friendly and the linens were above average but the heating unit was so noisy we opted to sleep with lots of layers to avoid the noise. Also, avoid being on the bottom floor because the installation between first and second floor is not very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My sister and I booked two rooms over Thanksgiving weekend 2012. Her room had a funky smell and when she complained, the staff's response was to spray Febreze, masking the odor for just a few minutes. When she checked out, she said it would've been nice if someone had offered to move her to another room, and the front desk clerk outright lied and said no other rooms were available, when the cleaning staff had earlier said there were other rooms available. Meanwhile, my room had no sheets on the pullout bed (though they knew we were 3 in our room, not 2), and because I didn't check until around 10 or so pm, the front desk was closed, the phone went straight to voicemail, and I was left to fend for myself. If it weren't for the cleaning crew leaving the door unlocked to a supply room in a separate building, I don't know what we would've done for bedding. What hotel with this many rooms doesn't have 24 hr. service?! Esp. for a room billed at $159/night? Just shocking. We won't return to the Driftwood.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family