Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Just what you need!

Super nice stuff, we took some narrows equipment. Price was chipper then others, and on good... read more

Reviewed yesterday
noamgal
via mobile
Terrific friendly service - Great Hike up the Narrows

Visited Zion NP last week Sept 2018. Wife and I are avid hikers and wanted to Hike the Narrows... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
3NJgirls
New Jersey

All reviews la quinta neoprene socks walking stick yoga hike canyoneering trip super friendly great advice these guys perfect family proper gear hiking poles equipment rental gave us great tips wooden stick helpful tips wall street section slot canyon
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely highlight of our trip!! Highly recommend!! Joe was our guide and took us (four middle aged women) to Rouge Trail. 7 repells and ending with a 450 foot climb!! Hardest thing I have ever done!! Lived off of the adrenaline for days!!
We hit all the highlights of Zion (Angels Landing, The Narrows etc.) and this was still the thing that continues to be thing we still talk about. Joe was awesome...really solid in his skills. Showed us gals the time of our lives!!

1  Thank Sherry H
Reviewed September 27, 2017

So what we liked the most about Zion Guru is that you can reserve your Narrows gear before-hand. This puts any concerns to rest and you don't have to rush out and try to beat fellow hikers eager to gear up for the Narrows. Things to note: they open at 8AM and close at 8PM. If you're planning on driving into and parking in Zion, as long as you're there before 9AM, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a spot. Just keep that in mind because it means the reserve-ahead option is your best bet!

The gear itself is great and OH SO necessary for a fun trip! I can't imagine what it would've been like without our shoes, socks, dry pants and stick! (I don't even want to picture it).

Lastly, the staff is very responsive and friendly. Good-natured and eager to answer questions. Excellent all-around!!!

1  Thank AdrianaS287
Reviewed September 23, 2017

The Zion Guru team is exceptional. We rented the water walking boots with neoprene socks. The gear worked perfectly! No blisters. With some excellent guidance from Zion Guru we were able to get a "hard to get" permit to hike the Narrows from Chamberlain Ranch down to the main trailhead. I started communicating with them a few weeks before our trip. On the morning of our trip they drove us to the start of the trail. Reliable! They kept all promises. We did not rent the hiking sticks - we were happy with our own trekking no poles. Highly recommend this place! And Narrows top to bottom is AMAZING. We did it as a one night back pack.

1  Thank GOBEAVS96
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We had a great half day canyoneering experience with Joey. We started on fairly angled repel that was fairly easy. The next repel was more vertical. After that we utilized the ropes twice more and then moved through the slot canyon back to the trail.
I was a little nervous on our first repel, Joey was patient and encouraging and walked me through everything. Next time we will book a full day so that we can do more.

We also rented shoes, socks and poles for walking the Narrows from Zion Guru. They made it simple and easy to pick up and return.

As a note, when you book an adventure with Zion Guru, it is only you and your group.

1  Thank 6xtravel
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I'll admit that I am a 'flaky hiker'. My mentality is more of just throw on my Merrell boots (grab a beer) and go but I'm happy we consulted Zion Guru when we arrived in Springdale.

The gentleman who helped us in the afternoon of 9/1, was very knowledgeable and extremely tolerant of my dumb questions. Yes, there are dumb questions and some that need to be asked (are there spiders, is one).

He explained the highlights of the bottom up Narrows hike and we rented the needed gear including a dry sack, pole, socks, and boots. We saw people hiking without proper gear and it really seemed foolish.

There is a brief eight or so minute safety video that I appreciated. Safety is critical to enjoying the hike and avoiding misfortunate incidents along the way.

We rented the gear for 9/2 as he explained how crowded the Narrows would be and suggested we take the 6 am shuttle. Normally, getting up at 5 am, is not always pleasant while on vaca but he was absolutely correct. We enjoyed a serene, beautiful hike out into the Narrows. The Wall Street section is stunning. However, the hike back, especially towards the beginning of the river was insanely crowded. Pure chaos with the holiday weekend.

We returned our rentals on 9/2. The cost was reasonable (~$30) and it included a discount for staying at a local hotel.

In the end, the advice and gear provided by Zion Guru allowed us to thoroughly enjoy the beautiful hike.

2  Thank Melia_Mucer
Jonathan Z, Owner at Zion Guru, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Thanks for the 5 stars! We take a lot of pride in how we do things and appreciate that you notice. Come and see us again soon!