Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Just what you need!

Super nice stuff, we took some narrows equipment. Price was chipper then others, and on good... read more

Reviewed yesterday
noamgal
via mobile
Terrific friendly service - Great Hike up the Narrows

Visited Zion NP last week Sept 2018. Wife and I are avid hikers and wanted to Hike the Narrows... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
3NJgirls
New Jersey

All reviews la quinta neoprene socks walking stick yoga hike canyoneering trip super friendly great advice these guys perfect family proper gear hiking poles equipment rental gave us great tips wooden stick helpful tips wall street section slot canyon
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I am very impressed with this company. My buddy and I were on a road trip and passing through Zion and decided to try a canyoneering adventure. Neither of us had done it before, and Jonathan was super professional and knowledgeable as he taught us the proper technique. I also appreciate that Jonathan had a calming presence and took a genuine interest in us as people. Between the enjoyable conversation, the history of the canyon we explored, and the experience of hiking and rappelling, I HIGHLY recommend a trip with Zion Guru (no matter what your experience)!

We were also outfitted with hiking sticks and water shoes for our hike of the Narrows the following day. Rental shoes can be a toss up, but these were super comfortable for the duration of our river hike, and we hiked for hours. No slipping either on the riverbed stones! We got some great insider tips on when to go so the last two hours of our hike we practically had the river canyon to ourselves!

You rock Zion Guru!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Rob R
Reviewed July 16, 2017

My husband and I walked in to Zion Guru, and booked a last minute half-day canyoneering trip for the next morning. Joe was guide and he was excellent. He was friendly, and was very clear in his instructions and explanations of what we would be doing from putting the harnesses on, learning the knots and attaching to the rope lines, and what to expect during the rappels. Joe made us feel comfortable and confident at each step. We're not certain about other canyoneering operators, but all Zion Guru canyon trips are private (just your group), which we appreciated because that way we were able to go at our speed without having to worry about rushing or slowing down another couple. [FYI - the location was a 40 minute drive from Zion Guru's shop; I believe we were at Lamb's Knoll, just outside the west border of Zion park)

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Crystalcat01
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Hiked in canyon up to site for multi-level repelling. Gorgeous hike with professional, reassuring guide, Joe. Had an awesome experience that I was unsure I would be able to do! Felt confident and secure.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank bemsley
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Our trip with Zion Guru and Jonathan as our guide was phenomenal. I booked a canyoneering trip for my husband and I for a full day. One of the main reasons I chose this company was because it would be a private tour. Some of the other companies were just as expensive and you would be group with others, which is fine, but we really wanted an individualized experience and we were not disappointed. We were taken by Jonathan on a fun back road to the canyoneering site outside of Zion. The views were gorgeous and Jonathan told us all about the rich history of the area which we loved. We told him that we wanted to do a trip that involved us getting into water and water we got! The hike was a couple of miles there and back. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't in the best shape, but Jonathan was very kind and encouraging the whole time which made the experience. We repelled down several canyons into water, over cliffs, down 80 foot drops it was great!! Jonathan was a great teacher the whole time and was great at instructing us on how to manage the ropes. He also took pictures the whole time of our experience which was great, and was a great momento we could take home and share with others. By the end of it we filled our bottles with water from a fresh spring! I also had no intention of hiking the Narrows. I didn't think I was able to. Jonathan gave us a great map and tips on how to hike the narrows. We rented our hear from him and it was the best decision. There is no way we could have hiked it without a sturdy pole and a good pair of wet shoes/socks. We had so much fun it was even better than Angels Landing in our opinion. We would not have hiked it without the encouragement and guidance from Jonathan. We can't wait to go back and would totally book another canyoneering trip through Zion Guru!!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We booked a Narrows Hike guided tour with Zion Guru. The location of the store was easy to find and they were ready for us upon arrival. The gear they provided was in great shape and made for a fun and safe hike in the Narrows including socks, boots and hiking poles. We took a quick bus ride into the park with our guide, Leah. Leah guided the hike at a reasonable pace and did a great job explaining things along the way. It was a great adventure for the entire family. One recommendation is to follow Zion Guru's advice. We almost didn't bring sandwiches for lunch as we thought we wouldn't need them and boy are we glad we had them. We worked off a lot more energy than we thought we would. Leah did a great job! If you don't want to have to deal with cash, remember to bring a park pass to get into the Zion National Park.

Date of experience: June 2017