“Great B&B and Hosts”
Review of Under The Eaves

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springdale
Under The Eaves
Ranked #5 of 7 Springdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We (2 couples) booked in advance Rooms#1 and #2 based on trip advisor and B&B websites. We were "porting" out of Las Vegas to visit Mojave/Zion/Bryce/Red Rock. Springdale Utah seemed like a perfect location for our Zion and Bryce visits.

We usually try to book B&B's for the local knowledge. Under the Eves exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed the common front rooms (especially the books), the front porch and the back garden. Joe and Marks' tips on hiking and restaurants were invaluable (considering we had 2 vegetarians and one "height skeptical" hiker).

The B&B is in a great location close to a shuttle stop, laundry, grocery, restaurants and Zion National Park. The breakfast provided at Oscar's was a great way to start the day.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed 4 nights late April into May and were simply delighted. The Inn is oldest in Springdale and conveniently located near Oscars which serves as the Inn's breakfast cafe. Oscars was a great way to start each day with healthy & hearty menu selections that even drew us back for dinner. Our UTE hosts, Mark & Joe, were excellent advisors for local resources/eateries and planning Park activities. We stayed in one of the cozy cabins which was nicely decorated with local historical post card and photo park memorabilia. But the real enjoyment was coming back each afternoon to the beautiful back yard garden area (complete with hammock, patio seating & swing) and winding down in the afternoon breezes and sunset. Zion Nat'l Park is awesome and Under the Eaves made it even more memorable.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2011

It's amazing how things work out. In trying to find a B&B for my wife and I, Under the Eaves was the third one I consulted. Others were already booked, but here was a wonderful place that had a cancellation shortly before I called. We were in and we couldn't be happier!

This is a delightful place to stay. We were booked into one of the rooms in the cabin behind the main house. Surrounded by a pleasant garden, the cabin offered a quiet, restive location mere steps away from the house. As hosts, Mark and Joe are gracious, providing a warm and welcoming environment. If you have questions about the area, they have the answers! Mention you are staying here when visiting around town and you'll find it seems everyone has great things to say about Joe and Mark.

As noted by others, breakfast is not served onsite, but certificates to Oscar's Cafe provide a terrific morning meal experience at a time that is convenient to you. And it really is only a few steps away.

Loved the house and the hosts. We plan to return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband and I found Under the Eaves to be incredibly charming and so were its hosts Mark and Joe. Its in the perfect location for walking around Springdale and also for hopping onto the shuttle into Zion park which I have to say was one of the most stunning places I've ever been to.
If you check out their website then you know exactly what to expect when you arrive, so we booked room 2 with the small ensuite which was just right for our budget, and along with the choice of any breakfast at Oscars included it was good value for money.
We stayed for 2 nights and were given some good advice on hikes to do in the day and places to eat at night. All in all we can say we enjoyed our stay a great deal and will hopefully be able to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Very lovely B&B situated right outside Zion National Park. Very convenient. Don't serve breakfast on premises but give you a voucher to one of two restaurants. Oscar's is right next door and their breakfasts are almost enough for the day. The grounds are lovely and the owners very friendly and helpful. Only complaint if the size of the rooms, a little on the small size but still very nice. But if you want a really big room, go with the suite, Room #3, which is 1200 square feet and very lovely.

Room Tip: Room 3, the suite
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed here after seeing how quirky their rooms were and the prices weren't bad. We decided to splurge and get the upstairs "under the eaves" suite - which was basically a giant loft apartment. The two guys who run the place were incredibly nice and helpful with where to go in town and such.

The room is the entire upstairs, and is filled with awesome furniture and antiques. Details are amazing - cool blankets hanging on ladders, sculptures, a giant old bed, claw foot tub, wooden creaky floors - perfect for us. You could easily sleep 4 people up here - and there was a giant curtain which would act as a divider if drawn. Plus, it has a great kitchen area which was very clean and well stocked with dishes and mugs. My only regret was we only stayed one night.

One other important note - and this didn't bother us but I could see how it would affect some. They do not make breakfast - but rather give you a voucher for a cool breakfast restaurant within walking distance. We thought the place was great and the idea was smart, but again, i could see how this would irk someone. Also, a cool but expensive grocery store was across the street.

Room Tip: Splurge for the apartment
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This is a wonderful little B&B, run by two very gracious hosts. I arrived after midnight on a cold, clear October night & found my key & a note waiting for me. The next morning, I met Mark & Joe (& their dog Bella). They made me feel welcome & answered lots of questions. Because I waited too long to make reservations, I had to move rooms during my stay (entirely my fault). But each move was accomplished smoothly & without fuss. I found the rooms to be quite charming, but some members of my tall/large family would have felt cramped. In Room 2 (ground floor of main house) there is a private bathroom, which consists of a toilet inside a shower stall. This wasn't a problem for me, but may be for some.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo