“OK for a change”

Thai Sapa
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hello! And welcome to our site. Our small but excellent menu includes dishes from Thailand and Indochina, and now Japan! We specialize in homemade Thai curries, Pad Thai, Springdale rolls, Vietnamese Banh Xeo, Springdale Stir-fry, Sushi Rolls, Miso Soup and Vegetarian dishes as well as local desserts. We also have a childrens menu & some Western dishes. Everything on our menu is homemade giving us the distinction in Southern Utah of a truly natural and delicious, Asian cuisine. We also pay close attention to health by using the highest quality ingredients including organic, natural or Non-GMO products whenever possible, such as Tofu, Beef, chicken breast, peanut butter, Edamame, eggs, high oleic sunflower oil, and a variety of produce from our own garden and orchard or from local farmers. We also use stainless steel cookware and no MSG can be found in our kitchen
Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you want a change from meat based and western food then this is a good option. The vegetables are fresh and so it may not be the best Thai food ever, they also have some Chinese and Indian dishes. We found it a pleasant, less expensive and lighter change to what is usually available in the off season in Springdale.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The place looked nice and welcoming, and the lady waiter was kind and friendly, but the food was plain revolting. Pad Thai tasted like it was cooked by an Italian truck driver, all greasy and chock full of (completely irrelevant to the dish) tomato sauce, and what possessed them to put sugar in Tom Yam soup was completely beyond my comprehension. We paid the bill, left most of the "food" on the table, and ran away; I strongly urge you to skip the first two steps.

1  Thank Pitenana
dennis b, Owner at Thai Sapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Wow, what can I say to that? Firstly, there is no tomato sauce in our kitchen so that I can not understand how that came about. We also use minimal amounts of oil in all of our cooking (except deep fry dishes of course). We don't have any Italian truck drivers cooking here either. As for sugar in the Tom Yum I would venture an educated and well travelled guess that there is no restaurant on the planet that doesn't sweeten its Tom Yum in some way. I apologize if maybe this particular batch had been over sweetened somehow during the cooking process. I am in charge however of the recipe, which is home made, and receives raves most of the time.

Perhaps some people get accustomed to a favorite Thai place back home and when they find something outside of that culinary comfort zone it is shocking. I can relate because as some one that spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars every year eating out (it is part of my Research and Development) I have experienced this myself. This may be one reason for some of our negative reviews.

Regardless, we prepare and serve natural Asian food using quality organic, bio-regional, and non GMO/MSG ingredients as much as is heavenly possible, which we think positively influences the delicate nuances famed in Asian cuisines. Occasionally, we evidently fail to deliver and occasionally our customers may fail to appreciate our novel approach. I apologize if on this day in question it was the former.

I have lived and traveled in 12 Asian countries over the course of 7 years of my life, and my goal is to offer a healthy and natural taste of six of those cuisines in my restaurant. And as the Owner/Executive Chef I must say that we are continually succeeding and improving on our product. And in my, not so humble, opinion you can't find a better Pad Thai this side of Khao San Road, and ours is sans MSG or old GMO soybean oil either. As for the Tom Yum I have already informed my cook to make sure on my recipe in the future. Thank for your comments. DB

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had the "red curry" and pad Thai neither was excellent and neither of them was real Thai food. The "red curry" was not hot, did not have basil or lemon grass and had broccoli. I've never had broccoli in red curry before. The pad thai was bland and kind of dry. I would not recommend Thai Sapa if you want real Thai food but if you just want a hot meal it's not bad.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were coming back after 9 pm to Springdale after a long day at Bryce Canyon and all the eateries were about to close. We didn't feel like cooking at our suite so we stopped at Thai Sapa which is right outside the park entrance. They were willing to serve us takeout food so we ordered one of the yellow curries with shrimp, fried rice and spring rolls. They packaged it securely so nothing leaked in transit, which we appreciated. Everything was good, but nothing to rave about. Lots of vegetarian and vegan choices on the menu, tho.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Strangely authentic in so far as they used fresh foods in their curries (broccoli for example). Lots of organics as well and home grown (the Pad Thai, which was quite good, had organic PB and the Lemon grass for the curries came from their garden. Service was a bit Thai Style as well, but I guess that is part of the authenticy...