“It was ok but very pricey!!”
Review of Thai Sapa

Thai Sapa
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hello! And welcome to our site. Our small but excellent menu includes dishes from Thailand and Indochina, and now Japan! We specialize in homemade Thai curries, Pad Thai, Springdale rolls, Vietnamese Banh Xeo, Springdale Stir-fry, Sushi Rolls, Miso Soup and Vegetarian dishes as well as local desserts. We also have a childrens menu & some Western dishes. Everything on our menu is homemade giving us the distinction in Southern Utah of a truly natural and delicious, Asian cuisine. We also pay close attention to health by using the highest quality ingredients including organic, natural or Non-GMO products whenever possible, such as Tofu, Beef, chicken breast, peanut butter, Edamame, eggs, high oleic sunflower oil, and a variety of produce from our own garden and orchard or from local farmers. We also use stainless steel cookware and no MSG can be found in our kitchen
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Zion National Park is our last destination before back to Vegas, for the past week in different locations at Utah and AZ, we were happy to find Asian food at Springdale. The food was ok but the price is absolutely expensive.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We loved the idea of enjoying some Thai food after a day of great hikes at Zion National Park. But the service was so bad it was uncomfortable. For example, we ordered one beer and an app. It took a long time and when the app came, the waitress brought two of them. The beer had not yet arrived. The waitress appeared to have forgotten about it. My husband asked the waitress what was in the sauce of one of the dishes. The waitress said she did not know and then told us after going inside to inquire that she could not find out what kind of sauce it was (it was a mango sauce). Then my husband's entree came without mine. Only after he was finished eating did my entree finally arrive and then only after i asked if it was coming. The servers made three errors on our check, which was finally corrected when the owner came out. We were asked three different times by three different employees if we had had only one not two beers. They had trouble believing we had only one beer and had shared it. The first waitress had poured it for us, but that did not seem to matter. Everything took forever. But the food when it came was good. and the waitresses were friendly, just incompetent.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This restaurant is located just steps from the south entrance to Zion National park. We had passed this restaurant a few times during our stay at the park and decided to give it a try.

Upon entering, the lady at the counter was quite aloof. Once seated our waitress was not able to explain the differences in the various (four) curries on the menu, which in a restaurant that specializes in Thail food was very surprising. Compared to other Thai restaurants in the US, this place was on the more expensive side, while the quality and the taste of the food was sub-standard.

We sampled the Pad Thai (standing in a watery sauce with a lime on the side which looked like it had been cut days before). This watery dish lacked any taste and this was the first time in my life I was not able to finish a Pad Thai! The Red Curry (resembled a brown-ish spicey sauce with just a couple of veggies and chicken). It lacked any hint of a medley of traditional fresh Thai inspired veggies and other spices/ingredients which result in creating various tastes that play with your tongue and distinguishing Thai cusine.

I have been to Thailand on several occasions and I have been fortunate enough to take a Thai cooking class - although this was only a few hours. I am confident I would be able to serve both dishes at a much better quality at my home. The food at this restaurant did not represent any regionally inspired dishes (as stated on the menu) that I have ever tasted in Thailand.

All in all the food we sampled does not fairly represent the greatness and taste of Thai cuisine. I would not recommend or visit this establishment again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We returned to Tahi Sapa after having eaten here in April. Again it was quite enjoyable. I had something similar to Tom Ka Gai and it was plentiful and yummy. My husband had a chicken curry and he was quite satisfied. We began (again!) with the samosas and I probably could make a meal just of these. The server was great. I'm sorry to see people complaining about price and service: we found both to be just fine!

1  Thank PATTY M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food was quite tasty. Was surprised to find Thai food in the middle of Utah. Thought it was a little pricey for serving size.

We did take out and they included all the rigth stuff to eat in the park.