“A real treat!”

Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: A green approach to fine food with a casual atmoshpere and price. Featuring Southwestern, Asian, Burgers, and Vegetarian fare. Everything housemade and prepared fresh daily. Beer and Wine menu available. Enjoy the large covered patio seating and the spectacular surrounding views of Zion National Park.
Springfield, MO
“A real treat!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This place was recommended by our host Karen at the Red Rock Inn B&B and it was a real treat! Located near the mouth of Zion NP in an old gas station, you will want to sit outside (they only have a few indoor tables). Great dishes with a Mexican flavor using fresh ingredients. The guacamole was excellent and some of the best chips ever! My boyfriend had the tacos with steak and I had a chicken sandwich. Both were delicious and a little spicy (which we like!) But the best part of the meal was the Raspberry Jalapeno Cheesecake - to die for!

• Korean first
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Gas Station for restaurant??”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have good history of eating in former gas stations, and Whiptail didn't disappoint. Good service, great surrounding views. For small restaurant variety of SW specialities to choose from. Beef tacos our favorite, Fish tacos a bit wet but tasty, recommend asking for double wrap with 2 tacos. Would visit again in area.

Visited May 2014
retiredladyindurango
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We read the review on Trip Advisor and stopped by for dinner. It was the best Maxican food any of us ever had. The calamari strips were excellent, my husband had these in Australia and always looks for calamari strips (steak) versus the rings and tentacles. They were flash fried, crisp and delicious. The nachos were wonderful with beef tenderloin, crisp chips. I had the chipotole chicken enchiladas and these were some of the best I ever had. Service was good. Would definately eat there again!

• Visited May 2014
“Good food but poor service”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My burger was very, very good, but it took almost 40 minutes to get it. The servers were completely disorganized (I was asked by three different ones if I'd been helped). Took forever even to get my drink. The people were friendly, but you just get the impression they're not really sure what they're doing. Or maybe I just caught them at the beginning of the season. Either way, I'm not sure I'd go back. There are many other places to eat in the area where I wouldn't have to wait so long for a single burger.

• Visited April 2014
Cross Junction, Virginia
“Great food in a renovated gas station”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had a great meal of spaghetti squash enchilada. Remarkable!!

Service was great and one can eat outside as well as inside.