“A great base for Zion NP” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Montclair

Quality Inn & Suites Montclair
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Preston, United Kingdom
“A great base for Zion NP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, perfectly located for Zion np. There is a Quality Inn and other establishments nearer to the Park entrance but there is a free shuttle bus which stops just outside the hotel so it really makes no difference. The room was big and clean and the breakfast was good. There is a pool which is quite small but I imagine is nice after a day hiking in the park.
Staff were helpful and polite. Recommended

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Littlesoapyfrog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Front staff are beyond accommodating. Very professional and happy to advise on local hotspots. Rooms are quite nice for a Quality Inn. Higher end furnishings. Small pool area, but very clean. Large room near the front with a nice variety for a continental breakfasts. Not the closest to the park, but given the price and accommodations, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Requested upstairs room in the corner. Hotel was sold out, but given there were not specific reques...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SpringJF
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just got back from a short visit to Zion National Park in Utah. Stayed at Quality Inn Suites Montclair in Springdale, unpretentious and situated well. Although it is towards the far end of the main street in Springdale, there is a shuttle stop right across the street and another one next to the motel in both directions, which is essential during the busy summer season when cars are not allowed beyond the visitor center in Zion Park. The motel was clean and I can honestly say that the mattresses were the most comfortable we slept on for the whole summer travel period, which included three or four other destinations in Utah, Nevada and California. It was also nice that the room included a refrigerator and microwave. Staff were friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was more than adequate, including hard boiled eggs and cooked eggs and waffle maker. Didn't use the pool but it looked a little on the small side. Overall, I would recommend this motel. I am not sure if it is priced lower than some of the others that are more in the center of the main street, but it was fairly priced, given the time of year. Also, nearby Oscars was a good local restaurant and we did walk back from it in the center of Springdale, although shuttle stops were available had we wanted. Zion is a park more than worth visiting. WIFI was included in the hotel rate and signal was strong compared to up in Bryce. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We liked the far end of building A which was originally designed as a handicapped room. It is an en...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelforless
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am sorry to have to list this location in my review because I did not stay here, my review is about the on-line reservation system of ChoiceHotels.com

Due to a moderately sprained ankle I was unable to travel to Utah. Having booked a one night stay I contacted ChoiceHotels.com to inquire about a credit for the in advance charge of my one night stay. I was made aware at the time of booking that this room was not refundable and yes I booked it knowing this, but what totally gets my goat is that ChoiceHotels.com DOES NOT give a credit to you to use somewhere else and/or for a future stay. They have your money for no service provided!

Some people would say that I am totally to blame for making this choice, I would usually agree with that but life does throw a curve ball at times. Call the front desk of the hotel you are interested in and reserve directly, by passing the rip-off ChoiceHotels.com website. The front desk of this Quality Inn said they do not charge your credit card in-advance and you can cancel with no charge if done so 24 hours in advance of your reservation. I called ChoiceHotels.com 72 hours in advance to cancel, giving them plenty of time to make this room available, but they still are keeping my $108.00

I travel numerous times a year and will never book thru ChoiceHotels.com again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Triptrain
Clayton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stay in motels about 40 nights each year all over the USA and I would rate this property as one of the best values we have encountered. The grounds are nicely kept, the room was very nice, and breakfast was exceptional, even home made cinnamon rolls each day. I would recommend Quality Inn & Suites Montclair to everyone. Do not confuse this with the Quality at the east end of Springdale.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan L
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you are alone or with your significant other this hotel would be great, but with a family this hotel truly shines! My wife and I checked in with our young two year old son for the fourth of July holiday weekend. Right from check in everything was absolutely incredible. John and Cassie (the front desk staff) are the absolute best! We ended up breaking a glass on two days of our four day trip (dont ask we just have a feisty young son!!!) and each time John or Cassie ran right over from our call and cleaned everything up very thoroughly. I went to the front desk to try and give them a tip, but they absolutely refused saying that it was all in the job. I have hardly seen such professionalism elsewhere. I work at the Wynn Las Vegas hotel and I can tell you that our staff would hardly been any better than what you find here at this Quality Inn. Definitely convinced me to stay at more Choice Hotels when I travel with my family!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
3 Thank Jeffrey K
Chillicothe, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff were so friendly and accommodating here. Our room, while not 4 star, was very clean and comfortable. The laundry machines were very handy beacause our clothes were all dusty from being out hiking for days. The breakfast was much better than expected. Book this hotel early because it sells out, and I know why!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family