“Overcharging and rude attitude”
Review of The Historic Pioneer Restaurant - CLOSED

The Historic Pioneer Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Overcharging and rude attitude”
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We had breakfast here on a stay at Springdale. When the server took our order she placed two cups down on the table for coffee at which point I advised her I didn't need a cup, I wasn't eating or drinking (not feeling terrribly well at this stage). She just shrugged her shoulders and didn't say anything but did not take the cup away.
When our bill arrived we had been charged for 2 coffees, so I called her over and pointed out we only had one. She said "I left you a cup" at which point I reminded her I had told her I didn't wish it. She then said, "tell it to the cashier". She wasn't having it at all and accused me of having a coffee and then trying to avoid paying , saying "you must have drunk something". In the end we were so embarassed we paid up and left but I make sure evryone knows how we were treated and we will never return to the Pioneer Lodge.

3 Thank Gill68

Massachusetts
“Eat where the locals go.”
Reviewed June 26, 2005

The Pioneer is very much a family restaurant. We went as it had been recommended by locals in the area. The décor is pretty unexciting and it probably wouldn’t have been a place that we would have stopped at otherwise. We would have missed out on some great food if we’d gone by décor alone. We had the steaks, which came with unlimited trips to a basic salad bar or soup if you so desired. The salad bar was fairly basic, but all the ingredients were nice and fresh. The steaks were delicious, served with a generous portion of potato sides – fries, mashed, baked etc. The Pioneer also does nice homemade pies for desert. Service was attentive without being obsequious.

2 Thank Ginzingggirl