“Great Eats”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Dropped in for lunch and then breakfast the following morning. Found the food to be excellent. The beef barley soup was top notch! Pancakes were served hot and moist. And what size...enough for two.

We loved it and would go back for breakfast or lunch any time.

Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stopped in at the Pioneer Lodge Restaurant almost by default as the first few restaurants we stopped at in Springdale were not open for lunch. We were very pleased with our find. We ordered a burger, reuben and BLT. All were excellent. We were surprised by the huge portions. Unfortunately, as we were not looking for this much food and our room at the Zion Lodge did not have a refrigerator, much of the order went to waste. We also tried an appetizer that I had never seen: "corn dodgers." These small balls of deep-fried cornmeal had corn kernals/cream of corn in the center. I can't say that I am now addicted to corn dodgers, but they weren't bad. I would definitely recommend the sandwiches and burgers at the Pioneer Lodge Restaurant.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My husband and I wanted a big breakfast before heading on our trip through Behunin Canyon. We didn't order the buffet, but had the French Toast and 2 egg breakfast. We received our food fast and it was hot and delicious. Highly recommend.

1  Thank UtahBbauer
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Our son had eaten there earlier on his trip to Zion and recommended we stop there. We went June 26, 2008. He was right, one of the best burgers ever, much too huge to finish. Great salad &soup buffet comes with your meal so that was great too. They also serve beer and wine. Very homey atmosphere,great service. So if you want a good home cooked meal would recommend you stop here.

We stopped in there for dinner before we were picked up for our Zion Outback Safari Sunset jeep tour. Sure glad we did.

1  Thank MiamiTravelers_7
Reviewed July 1, 2008

My in-laws and myself went to Pioneer Lodge Restaurant, big mistake. First off the waiter new nothing about the menu, when we asked him a question he would give us two answers. They over cook there chicken and pork chop. Also they did season the meat with anything not even salt. we specifically asked if the mashed potatoes were homemade, the waiter said they were, as you can could guess they were not, on top of that they were cold. Drink were never refilled, and too me the rest of the night was ruined by the sick feeling of the DISGUSTING food. Please take my advice and DO NOT go there to eat or you might just regret it.