“There are better places in town to eat”
Review of The Historic Pioneer Restaurant - CLOSED

The Historic Pioneer Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Cape Town
“There are better places in town to eat”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Food was ok nothing special, lacked atmosphere though service was good.

There are better options in town which aren't far away and worth the wander. The first night we went to Wildcat Willies which was better

Visited May 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A great little cafe with every type of coffee imaginable”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I loved this little coffee shop, it was attached to my hotel. A huge selection of drinks and great staff. Lovely for a stop off after a walk in Zion

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Very good value, solid comfort food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband really enjoyed his open-faced hot turkey (roasted fresh in-house) sandwich with mashed potatoes (real) and I thought the spaghetti & meatballs were decent for a non-Italian restaurant. The slice of cheesecake we took to go was also very tasty. Next visit we plan to try the Prime Rib which we had heard good things about too. Overall, if you're looking for comfort food and not Tex Mex, the Pioneer offers a very good value. Their t-shirts are also very cool.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Filled the hole. I wouldn't go back, but my Dad would.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

On the positive side, the staff was great, friendly and kind. We came here because we received a discount by staying at the Pioneer Lodge next door and my father can't pass up using any sort of discount or coupon.

This place 'filled the hole' in my stomach but was by no means an enjoyable cuisine. The salad was sad and wilted. The sandwich I got was mediocre. After eating here and speaking to locals they looked disappointed that this was the restaurant we chose and we got the impression that the owner doesn't have the best reputation in town.

My dad enjoyed his sandwich but his tastes and preferences are quite different than mine. If he can find a chicken sandwich on the menu with bbq sauce and onion he is happy. :)

I think there are likely better options. But if you need a quick fix, I'm sure it will do.

Henderson NV
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had read good reviews for this restaurant, maybe we should have gone for breakfast! We ate here on a Saturday night and they had a prime rib special for $20.99 which included a potato and vegetables (celery, carrots, a few pieces of broccoli. My son ordered the prime rib, and it was okay tasting, but dried out. My husband ordered ribs ($17.99), which he said tasted like they were precooked and then sauce spread on them at the last minute. Salad bar in addition to a meal was $2.99, and only had a few items. I had the fish and chips, mediocre but at least hot. The beer was good (microbrew) but our bill came to $86 including tip...I rather would have gone to subway...oh well, we'll know better next time we visit Springdale..(service by Angela was great!)