“Nice menu and good food.”
Review of Spotted Dog Cafe

Spotted Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Spotted Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Nice menu and good food.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

After trying other restaurants in the immediate vicinity, we ended up at the Spotted Dog and we’re glad we did. The food was delicious and the service excellent. We asked for separate checks and were told that this was no problem. But later when we read the fine print on the menu (didn’t see it when we asked for separate checks and weren't told to check the fine print), we found that separate checks is a 20% gratuity, no choice. Since the food was good as well as the wait staff, we accepted this gracefully.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank FrequentTraveler696

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good food, but would rather eat at other places”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The ambiance is very nice. The service was really attentive, almost bordering on annoying. I had the pear ricotta pasta and a mojito. I enjoyed the food, but not enough to make it worth the price. I am glad I tried this place, but I would rather eat at some of the other awesome restaurants in Springdale on my next trip to Zion.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JillieBean77
Durham, NH
“This was highly recommended by our hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The atmosphere was nice and relaxing with nice mountain views. Prices were high and our dinners were mixed. The trout was very good but salads and pasta dishes more mediocre.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Adams
Dallas
“Fancy plating but hardly palatable.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

From the door, the Spotted Dog Cafe seemed like it would be a hit. The restaurant was relatively upscale compared with other dining options, with waiters looking very well kept and professional and tables set nicely.

We were seated and service was prompt. The complimentary bread was more like a pita-type bread with dipping sauce. Not too shabby.

I ordered the steak cooked medium, and instead of frites I requested vegetables. My boyfriend ordered the lamb shank. What I received and paid for was a well-done steak covered in gritty dry rub with vegetables that were also gritty with curry powder seasoning. The steak was surprisingly still juicy. Once our food was delivered, no one came by to ask how our food was, and I didn't want to wait for my order to be corrected. The lamb shank was tender but nothing special.

We left rather unsatisfied given the amount of money we paid for a sub par meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank leilapalooza
Vienna, VA
“Mediocre and overpriced food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Our motel referred us and we started out with good local beers but our entrees were mediocre, especially the dried out trout, and there was no ambiance to the room. Very overpriced for what it was...would not go back.

Visited April 2014