“Best food of our trip so far”
Review of Spotted Dog Cafe

Spotted Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Spotted Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

TheSpotted Dog is excellent; from the moment you're greeted to the time you leave it's just a pleasure to be there.

The food menu isn't huge, which is actually a refreshing change for an American restaurant, but there's enough choice for even a picky eater.

We skipped appetizers as we find meal sizes here to be large (compared to Australia) but my husband had the soup of the day (cream of parsnip and roast garlic) and I had the beet, walnut and blue cheese salad. Both were delicious.

The complimentary bread is a flat bread, kind of a soft pita bread, and comes with home made tomato infused olive oil for dipping. Also delicious.

For mains, my husband had meal envy as i had chosen the Guinness ribs with truffle fries and it was hands down the best meat I have ever tasted. I don't know why they bring you a steak knife as I could have eaten it with toothpicks it was so tender. The "truffle" part of the fries is a kind of crumbly topping which was very tasty.

My husband had the trout, which was very nice, but it came with wild rice and he's not a fan of that. The beans and carrot were tasty too.

The wine list was extensive, separated into red and white of course but also into new world and old world wines which you don't often see. We chose an inexpensive California Sauvingnon Blanc which we enjoyed.

Our waiter was a sweetheart, and attentive enough without going over the top.

The prices were great too, all that above plus sparkling wine for under $90.

If you only eat one place at Springdale, make it the Spotted Dog.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had dinner here based on a recommendation from my sister. The menu had more upscale choices than many of the other restaurant options (basic American fare). I enjoyed the short ribs and my husband thought his meatloaf was very good. Kids liked the medallions of beef and hamburger. Large windows provided nice light and great scenic views.

We returned for the breakfast buffet and the food was high quality and great value. I loved the pancakes, husband enjoyed the biscuits and gravy.

We highly recommend!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The setting is perfect with the large windows allowing great views of the sun going down on Zion Canyon. Good, fun menu choices. Food was really good but not exceptional. Service was exceptional. All staff were responsive. Our waiter, Cade was particularly engaging and had a genuine affinity for the area and it's history. Decor featured interesting Jim Jones paintings of Zion and the Grand Canyon area. Would recommend Spotted Dog for a nice dinner after a day of "roughing it" in Zion.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The food, service, and the amazingly debonair James, will surpass your expectations. The experience was far superior in comparison to other dining choices in the village. Cannot say one ill comment about this fine establishment.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

They have a good menu. It is a little fancier than I expected for the area. We really enjoyed the food and service. It was priced like you would expect a good restaurant, Nice atmosphere.