“Upscale in Springdale”
Review of Spotted Dog Cafe

Spotted Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Spotted Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Cypress, Texas
“Upscale in Springdale”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

After a wonderful first day in Zion (hiking Angel's Landing), I walked another half-mile from my hotel to Spotted Dog for dinner. I was perhaps more-casually dressed than one would expect for a fine dining establishment, but I was welcomed immediately and served without question. I had a pesto pasta (garnished with an orchid) with Caesar salad along with pita bread and spicy dipping sauce. Priced just about right for the quality of food and atmosphere and worth the walk there and back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh PA
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Unbelieveable that you can find a top quality resturant like this in a "tourist" area.
The food and view from the table were top notch.

Visited October 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice place”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great food. Nice ambience. We enjoyed a fun and delicious meal here. The service was vey nice. We were there right before they closed for the season. We would absolutely go again.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“"identity crisis"”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Funny, the new Zion Lonely Planet says this place is going through an identity crisis. I thought that was a strange thing to say -- I've eaten there many times before and always loved it. And I can't quite put my finger on it, but I now know exactly what they mean. Like they are suddenly trying to be this posh, gourmet restaurant -- and they just aren't cutting it. The service was friendly but completely misguided. It was overpriced. We practically had to beg for our check. I'll go back -- it was good. Just not great (anymore).

san francisco
“Great food for the price!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We ate there for 2 nights because the food was great for the price ($18 for a giant filet of trout with wild rice and veggies), daily soup (a giant bowl for $7) and my friend had the tilapia was yummy too ($16). We ate at the bar and the service was super fast and the bar tender was chatty and attentive. He filled up our glasses every 5 minutes (as we were super thirsty after a day of hiking) so our water glass was never empty. The dessert looked yummy too but we were too full from soup/entree to even look at dessert. I'd eat there again in a heart beat!