“Quality Pizza & Food at a great price!”

Zion Pizza & Noodle Co
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Zion Canyon at the entrance to Zion National Park, Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. is situated in the picturesque village of Springdale, Utah. Once an old church, the building is now a focal point for visitors wishing to take a relaxing break and enjoy good food and good company.Formerly an old Mormon church built in 1930, the picturesque building that is home to Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. was converted to commercial use in 1983. Due to uncertain soil conditions, the foundation was built four feet thick and the walls are one foot thick. The interior walls are lathe and plaster construction. It graces the commerical center of Springdale.The Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. serves some of the finest pizza and pasta around. We use the freshest local ingredients, and cater to vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. CompanyBruce M . VanderWerffChef ~ RestaurateurBruce started in the restaurant business in 1958 at Finns Restaurant in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since then he has founded, owned and operated a number of restaurants. A trained professional chef with an advanced degree from La Vareene, Paris, Bruce has created over 30 area restaurants. On moving to Zion Canyon, he opened Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. His son Joshua has worked in the restaurant business since 1985, and is also an owner-operator of this family business.Bruce and Joshua would like to welcome you, and sincerely hope that your dining experience is enjoyable.
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I'm shocked at some of the negative reviews. This place was greart. The pizza was excellent and so reasonably priced! Be sure you get there early because this appears to be a very popular place. Loved the fresh ingredients, and especially loved the crunchy crust on the pizzas. Wish we had such a place in San Juan Capistrano, CA

2  Thank leenybrannon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I love a good pizza. I've been eating them for 55+ years - everything from a home-made Chef Boyardee (circa 1960) to gourmet pizzas in nice restaurants, so I think I know a good pizza when I taste one. First, you must start with a great crust - not so thin it tastes like cardboard and (if thick crust) not underdone, doughy and yeast-y. Then the sauce - homemade is best with a sweet but 'Italian' basil taste, made from fresh ingredients if possible. Then, add fresh ingredients as toppings, finished off with quality mozzarella cheese. It can't be greasy (as least overly greasy). And, of course, it's gotta be hot.
When I read the reviews on Zion Pizza, I thought I had a good shot at getting a great pizza. Strike One: The crust (supposedly fresh) was gooey, doughy both in the center and at the lower outer crust. We scraped the toppings off, ate them and threw away most of the crust. Strike Two: Pitifully little sauce. We had a Hawaiian pizza (canadian bacon and pineapple) so I expected at least some sauce.
The pros: The bacon, pineapple and cheese were fresh and tasty. Too bad the lousy crust and lack of sauce resulted in a mediocre pizza.
I also found it strange that they were putting out a "Closed" sign at 9:30 on a Friday night. Maybe I got the dregs of the crust and they were giving up for the day?

Reviewed March 24, 2011

When I go to a restaurant, I expect a waiter/waitress to come take my order and then bring it out. NOPE! This place, you come in, seat yourself. When you are ready you go up to the counter (this particular case, I had to stand in line, which I will give a little there because it was a Saturday night.) After ordering, I noticed a tip jar. They expect a tip for ME to come to their counter, order my meal and then wait for them to bring it out, after they walk all over the restaurant looking for my number. NO. No tip! By the time I got to the counter, I decided I was going to do take out and go back to my hotel room where it was comfortable and warm. The night time was chilly and they had all their doors open. When my friend and I got back to the hotel room, we were excited to have some good pizza. After all a local told us it was great tasting pizza. Nope.. Wrong again. The pizza was not very favorable. The garlic bread was ok and it was nothing to get excited over. We ate two pieces and threw the rest out. I spent to much money for a mere flavorless pizza. I would not recommend this place. To me, it was a waste of money and time. We only went to this place after trying the Flying Monkey. (They had run out of food and closed early.)

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We had pizza last night that was heavenly. The crust was perfect and the ingredients were all fresh, no canned ingredients here. The atmosphere was comfortable and warm. The service was great. The restaurant was clean everywhere I looked. The service was also very fast. I would go back again without reservation....loved it!!!!

2  Thank beabarb
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We were referred to this restaurant by another hiker we met on the trail. From the outside, this place looks very small, but it is bigger on the inside and extends further back than you would think. You place your order at the counter and they bring you your food. It was not a long wait. My husband got spaghetti & meatballs and he got the most meatballs he has ever gotten in a spaghetti dinner at any other restaurant. I got the veggie lasagna and ate every bit of it. Their food was not starchy; just wonderful after a long day of hiking!

2  Thank ShagOhio