“Over Hyped”

Oscar's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Las Vegas
“Over Hyped”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews, my husband and I decided to eat here. Big mistake. This is one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to. First: It was a windy, chilly day, and even though there were heaters on the patio, we were not even asked if we wanted to sit inside. I HATE sitting on patios, regardless of the restaurant, and would gladly have waited for an indoor table. Second: It took awhile for the waitress to get to our table, and she seemed disappointed we didn't want a drink (it was noon, so why would I want alcohol? Anyway, my husband and I are responsible, we don't ever drink and drive). Third: after placing the order, it took NEARLY FORTY-FIVE minutes to get our food! It was a hamburger and fries, and NO meal should take more than fifteen-twenty minutes to get to the table. Forty-five minutes? Unacceptable. I was ready to get up and leave a couple of times, but my husband talked me out of it (not that he didn't want to himself). When they finally figured out we were getting irritated, they decided to come and tell us our food "was almost up." When did they start cooking? Four: The fries tasted frozen. All that time and not even fresh french fries. So were the hamburgers frozen too? Five: I was interested in maybe purchasing a mug, but they were $25, and used. (They're serving coffee in them, and expect you to buy a used mug for $25? I don't care that they're hand made, they're USED. If they weren't, they'd have price tags on them). Six: when we left, my husband had to pay the hostess, because our waitress was MIA. Advice to Oscars: Train your servers better and hire enough cooks so that the food doesn't take more than fifteen minutes to get to the table. Anyone who cares about decent service should stay away.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Portland, Oregon
“Yummy Breakfast!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The breakfast menu has more than just the basic bacon n eggs combos. Everything is super good here! The atmosphere fits in with Springdale perfectly - colorful, authentic, and cozy!

Visited September 2013
California
“Burger & Beer”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Great spot for causal dinner good grassfed burgers and beer on tap, outside seating and friendly service. Atmosphere good for kids too

Boston, Massachusetts
“Perhaps the Best Meal I Ever Had”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Upon checking in at the Hampton Inn & Suites nearby, I asked the front desk where we could go to get a great meal. They immediately suggested Oscar's Cafe. She said it was her personal favorite. After checking out the menus of other establishments, we decided to go with Oscar's and see for ourselves. Oh. My. Goodness. It was perhaps the best meal I have ever had in my life. I ordered the steak, my husband ordered the smothered pork chops. We were both in heaven. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. The service was great, prompt seating and serving. The food tasted home cooked. I had a cappuccino after dinner and absolutely loved the mug they served it in that I went back the next day after hiking Zion just so I could have a warm, cozy cappuccino in that mug. I even bought one to take home because I loved it so much. We were talking about our dinner at Oscar's for days afterwards. Great, great, great place to eat!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank iamamsterdam
Ghent, Belgium
“Go for the burgers!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

After a long day of hiking, treat yourself to one of their famous burgers. The murder burger is really good!

Prices are on the high side, but that's to expect in Springdale.

Visited October 2013