“Bland and overpriced”
Review of Bit & Spur

Bit & Spur
Reserve with OpenTable
Bit & Spur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2007

The service was ok, the chips and salsa were good, and husband enjoyed his beer. Other than that, it was not even close to worth the price. The food looked ok when it came out, but it was extremely bland. It is supposed to be southwestern or Mexican, cuisine, but there was no kick to anything- the rice that comes with the entrees is plain white rice. My chicken was bland and plain.

The atmosphere is nice enough, and it looked like it might be a fun place to hang out and have a beer and some chips, but the food is not worth your time or money.

1  Thank catelisa48
Write a ReviewReviews (1,827)

Reviewed August 17, 2007

I was looking forward to eating at Bit and Spur in June after reading some reviews before the trip. Prior to our visit the reviews were mixed. On this particular night the sweet potato tamales were good. It had an interesting flavor combination. It seems that $19 ( if I recall correctly) was a bit expensive for that entree. Chicken enchiladas were packed full of meat but slightly on the bland side. The sound echoed outside from a large party inside. We were glad they left. I am glad the food was good when we went since there have been a rash of poor reviews lately. I hope they take note and make some changes.

1  Thank prac1
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We were delighted to find that there were no chain restaurants or fast food in Springdale and were eager to try out the local cuisine. While Bit and Spur did offer southwest fare, it received very mixed reviews from my family, all of whom love that type of food. Most of the family (ranging in age from 10-60) thought their entrees were just okay. Overall, it was a disappointing dinner in spite of the very friendly wait staff and I would not recommend this restaurant.

Best things to order: My husband's fish tacos (the special of the day) were very good. Our brie quesadillas with jalapeno jelly (an appetizer) were interesting, unusual, and pretty good.

Things to avoid: The chicken tacos were awful and the enchiladas were not great either.

1  Thank Tripletmom96
Reviewed July 8, 2007

First of all, let me say that the only redeeming qualities of the Bit & Spur are its atmosphere and setting and the presentation of the food. It is for these qualities that bumped my overall rating from a 1 to a 2.

The restaurant is very inviting and the outdoor dining patio is a garden-like oasis. However, the food was remarkably average. The standard I set for restaurants is by asking the question, "Could I do this at home?". I consider myself to be an above-average cook, not a gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, and I could duplicate the quality of this restaurant's food with a blindfold. While the food presentation was very attractive, the tamales I ordered were very dry and bland. My wife's chicken breast was way overcooked and as dry and tough as the Utah desert. These entrees would have been overpriced at $8.00 apiece and we were forced to pay $19 per!!!

I got the impression that in the kitchen, one would find a below-average cook with no training, pretending to be a gourmet chef. Service was very average as well.

Reviewed June 29, 2007

The Bit and Spur seems to have let all the good guidebook reviews go to their head--a few years ago, it was a moderately priced restaurant with above-average food. It has become way too expensive, and the quality and preparation of the food has gone way down.